Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation into autopilot crash is over.

NHTSA notes that crash rates involving Tesla cars have dropped by almost 40 percent since the wide introduction of Autopilot. It also notes that its investigation did not find any defects in the design or implementation of Tesla’s automatic emergency braking systems (AEB) or its Autopilot cruise features. The report also states that Tesla properly anticipated the potential for driver misuse in the design of Autopilot, studied those potential effects and incorporated it into the product’s final design before broad rollout.

NHTSA’s full final investigation into Tesla’s Autopilot shows 40% crash rate reduction

Could help us intraday.

EDIT: definite reversal on the news. Let's see if it has legs.

It really makes no difference how TSLA does today
Long term this is at least a $1000 stock
Agreed. There is way too much upside, and this is a tech company applied to manufacturing. Vertical integration is here with solar. I'm guessing model 3 plus solar will be the next sales item. Market reacts and trades to expectations and projections, when it actually happens the market reaction will be long done....

Reactions: TrendTrader007
Not to toot my own horn too much, but I did call a run to 250 and facing of heavy resistance there if we break 235 back when the stock was around 225.

Full disclosure, as I previously mentioned, I got out of some mid term short puts a little under 235 at a solid profit when we were having trouble punching through. Should have listened to my own advice as those puts expire tomorrow and could have made me a lot more money. Still holding 100% of shares, though.

Action surprising after two big catalysts. Not sure what is going on.
nasdaqjan19.jpg
Macros are having a really bad day. I suspect inauguration jitters, and TSLA is being affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.