Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S 85D for almost 12 days and already slightly over 1,000 miles. So far I did about 5 charges to 100% and the interesting thing is that it's always exactly 271 miles. Do you think they have started doing 90kWh packs for all, with software limitation to 85kWh? Or maybe it's too early to see even slightest degradation?

Update: 1,800 miles already and 24 days. And for the last 2 days I see full 100% at highest ever value of 273 miles! I really hope it's a 90kWh with software limitation ;)

Yesterday:
IMG_5805.JPG

Today:
IMG_5806.JPG

I ordered on March 1st, confirmed on 2nd, VIN received on 3rd, went into production on 4th and in transit since March 9 with delivery target of 17th thru 24th (east coast). No email updates other than VIN assigned email. MyTesla dashboard didn't change from "We have received your order and processing it. We will provide an estimated delivery soon" as of March 2nd till March 9th when it changed to "your car is in transit from the factory". This very aggressive schedule. It is clear they are trying to deliver as many cars as possible before end of the quarter. I am very excited and the transit seems to be this "going dark" phase where I won't know much about the progress till it gets delivered to my service center.

wow! This is unbelievably quick!

wow! This is unbelievably quick!
I guess the name of this thread should have been... 2016's Being Deliverd On Time (after the first Month of the Quarter due to Asia/EU/PAC production)...

None the less it is/was good to have a thread where we all could ring our hands and fret and obsess over our deliveries... When I get back to the ranch, I will be mounting up the 19" Tsportline cyclones with the sticky Potenza Pole Position S04's... They will certainly change the feel of the S....

I am still on the fence regarding the new base Wheels.... IMO... They really hide the brake calipers a great deal and the outside rim appears thicker and heavy... I am happy to have the original 5x2 spoke base wheels. I have a second set of base wheels in 19" that I had powder coated metallic dark grey for my winter tire use.

BTW, what ever happened with Zybane the OP???

Last edited:
I guess the name of this thread should have been... 2016's Being Deliverd On Time (after the first Month of the Quarter due to Asia/EU/PAC production)...

None the less it is/was good to have a thread where we all could ring our hands and fret and obsess over our deliveries... When I get back to the ranch, I will be mounting up the 19" Tsportline cyclones with the sticky Potenza Pole Position S04's... They will certainly change the feel of the S....

I am still on the fence regarding the new base Wheels.... IMO... They really hide the brake calipers a great deal and the outside rim appears thicker and heavy... I am happy to have the original 5x2 spoke base wheels. I have a second set of base wheels in 19" that I had powder coated metallic dark grey for my winter tire use.

BTW, what ever happened with Zybane the OP???

Agreed, Art. I think the title of this post should be changed to 2016 Q1s getting pulled in! My delivery is later this month. I actually had an April Delivery date, but it got pulled into Q1 so they can make better numbers I'm sure.

I also agree with you on the 5 spoke standard wheels. I want to get the red caliper covers and I don't think you'd be able to see them much with the new slipstream. I'm glad I am getting the 5 spokes.

Hmph. Mine's still stuck in the rail yard in Birmingham. :mad:

Good for you, though!

That's not good for you - sorry. Mine must have been trucked to hit the Q1 deadline. I still think you'll get yours in Q1 as well, but if I was delayed like that, it would be driving me nuts.

My delay is less than yours, as my DS says early next week for pickup. Not sure what should take days unless they got a bunch of them at the store all at once. Given this store can't "sell" cars yet, I doubt that. I'm going to call today and nudge things along. I can't see why a Friday or Saturday is not possible, unless the DS can't schedule it due to other things.

Interestingly, the Tesla DMV team has a FedEx on delivery by 1030 this AM. Thinking temp tags.

A much better experience in most ways from an ICE lease, but I sure wish they were a bit more communicative on process.

... if I was delayed like that, it would be driving me nuts.
I'm a bit annoyed at the circumstances, but not at anyone in particular. As the old saying goes, "this too shall pass."

My DS told me that Tesla is pretty much powerless to expedite the transloading process from train to truck - it happens in the railroad's own good time. He also said that they'd try to prep my car as quickly as possible, and suggested a mid-next-week delivery might be possible - if they get the car by next Monday.

He also shared a couple of other interesting tidbits of info - all Model X's are shipped by truck at this point. They haven't been certified for rail delivery yet, though that should happen soon. And cars delivered by rail take less time to prep that truck-delivered cars. I guess they don't use covered trucks.