Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those look pretty wicked, alright! I second the question about using the OEM lugs; wouldn't they be the same size? Or are the holes in the Luganos smaller or something?

Yes, the stock lugnuts are slightly too large for the Luganos.

Tire Rack's owner has a Model S and is using the TPMS sensors he sells, reportedly.

jyqydadu.jpg

Received the Rial Lugano's from TireRack today. Not sure I like the chrome lugnuts. I had assumed they would ship lugnuts in same color as wheels. Very happy overall with the look.

I got chrome lug nuts from Tirerack last year (with a set of black rims). I put up with them for 6 months before looking for black ones. Should have done it sonner! This is what I got: Black Spline Drive Tuner Small Diameter Wheel LUG Nuts M14X1 5 QTY 20 | eBay

Actually, just got off the phone with TR. They are shipping some black lugs for the Luganos at no charge. Give your salesperson a call if you got the Titanium color.

@doct Thanks for the heads up! I'll give my salesperson a call.
More great news.....I just realized that the TPMS sensors that TireRack installed work with no programming. Tires and wheels with TPMS installed arrived yesterday afternoon. I installed and took a short drive to see if I liked the feel of the Michelin Pilot Sprt AS 3's. (I do) No tire pressure warning on that drive and no warning on a 20 mile drive this morning, so it looks like the sensors work with no programming. I had never done business with TireRack before, but I'm feeling like they are a top drawer company! Very pleased with everything and will be even happier if I can trade the chrome lugnuts for black.
My P85 had 8500 miles when I did the tire swap yesterday. I measured the tread on the 21" Michelin's I removed for the winter. I have about 9mm of tread depth across all tires and this is with some fairly spirited driving including one day at the drag strip! 12.8 sec 1/4 mile @ 108 MPH was my best run. Beat a 32 Coupe hot rod with a Supercharged small block Chevy engine and a Dodge Viper. Couldn't quite stay with the Dodge Challenger that was factory built for drag racing. He was turning 11 sec quarters @ ~130 MPH.

Those look pretty wicked, alright! I second the question about using the OEM lugs; wouldn't they be the same size? Or are the holes in the Luganos smaller or something?

TireRack uses generic 433MHz TPMS sensors. I assume they would have performed some sort of compatibility test before recommending them, like they do for tires/wheels.

I spoke with Tesla Service Toronto yesterday and they said because of liability reasons they won't work with or put any other parts on the MS unless it is their parts. So if you get a set of tires and rims from Tire Rack with TR Sensors they will not sync them. It may be different in the states but that came from Eli the Service manager. Not will they install and balance tires and rims that are not their own. Makes sense from a certain point I view. I think it is just a ploy to make us pay for more accessories. But the difference in price between TR sensors and Tesla sensors for 4 was $143.00. I'd rather have OEM parts in and if they fail then it's Tesla's problem. I'm glad I found the Luganos. I'm going to get the Nokian tires at Kipling Tire. I bought the Tesla TPMS from Service and I'm going to order the Wheels from Tire Rack and the lug nuts from eBay.

- - - Updated - - -

jyqydadu.jpg

Received the Rial Lugano's from TireRack today. Not sure I like the chrome lugnuts. I had assumed they would ship lugnuts in same color as wheels. Very happy overall with the look.

They look terrific, I have the same green color and was planning on powder coating them black to match my blacked out look (i blacked out all the chrome with matt black/carbon fiber wrap, but may not given this pic...mine got shipped today.

Pss any word on using the Tesla wheel cap will it fit in these wheels?
Sorry, I was so wrapped up in getting them installed, I didn't check to see if the Tesla cap would fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Tesla activate the TPSensors on aftermarket wheels? Wouldn't make sense to pay for the TPS's from Tirerack if I can't use em. Also I'd be ordering them mounted/balanced from TR so will just slap em on the car myself.
Mine just worked with no programming. I fully expected to need SC to program, but I just put the wheels on and have not had any TPMS warnings.

These look great. Anyone have them on a black S yet? Need to decide between the gunmetal and or silver (I have silver 21's for summer). Thinking of these for all-season/winter set. What tires are you using with these?

Scott, I'll be getting the gray color delivered Thursday and I have a black MS. Not in too much of a rush to get them on though given the nice weather, but I'll post pics if you don't already have them by the time in get them on :).

Scott, I'll be getting the gray color delivered Thursday and I have a black MS. Not in too much of a rush to get them on though given the nice weather, but I'll post pics if you don't already have them by the time in get them on :).

Thanks! Are you getting yours with tires on? If so maybe just roll one next to your car for a pic? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Mine just worked with no programming. I fully expected to need SC to program, but I just put the wheels on and have not had any TPMS warnings.

Great to hear, would be nice if it doesn't take any programming!