Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to jake although as I mentioned before I am going to have them powdered coated black like I did my original 19's pics of which are on TMC

Any chance I can get a pic of them against the green before they get powder coated? Or are they heading straight to the paint shop on arrival?

Your blacked-out wheels and trim do look pretty sick...though I have grown rather fond of all my chrome. Except for the fingerprints!

Any chance I can get a pic of them against the green before they get powder coated? Or are they heading straight to the paint shop on arrival?

Your blacked-out wheels and trim do look pretty sick...though I have grown rather fond of all my chrome. Except for the fingerprints!

I can probably arrange a pic prior to powder coating :)

I can't stand chrome :) I'd rather all that chrome be satin aluminum or something, anything but chrome!

UPS dropped by and delivered... 3... of the 4 today. One is about 250 miles behind, making its way down toward me for delivery tomorrow. I don't profess to understand what possesses UPS to leave 1 of a 4-package set behind versus some other early package, but hey...

The silver is shinier - not anywhere near chrome, but it's not the matte silver of the standard tires.

Some comparison pics. I ordered the bright silver wheels with Hankook tires:

CameraZOOM-20131028145846424.jpg

Close-up of the lug nuts supplied by Tire Rack:

CameraZOOM-20131028150241079.jpg

Comparison vs. the stock lug nuts (lying on the stock 21" wheels):

CameraZOOM-20131028150256533.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sweet! Checked my credit card and it was billed, then checked tirerack.com and it looks like my wheels/tires shipped today with delivery scheduled for tomorrow!

I ordered the gunmetal Luganos with Blizzaks. I really considered going with the XICE3 but I wanted to compare performance to my previous cars which all ran Blizzaks in the winter.

Hi DCWitt

Im getting these wheels too. They fit fine? What is the side profile of the rim like? in some pics I've seen on this thread it looks like the face bulges out unlike the TM Factory 21s which are concave? Also can you not use the Tesla lug nuts?
Your car looks great with the Luganos.

Antioco

- - - Updated - - -

Still way cheeper than the ugly Aero Wheel Tesla is now offering. $4200.00 + HST But did you talk to Tesla Service about the TPMS. they made me buy theirs as they said they would not deal wit any other sensor. I'm in Toronto. What sensors are the ones from Tire Rack? Are they Tesla Certified?

Cheers.

Received the Rial Lugano's from TireRack today. Not sure I like the chrome lugnuts. I had assumed they would ship lugnuts in same color as wheels. Very happy overall with the look.

Those look pretty wicked, alright! I second the question about using the OEM lugs; wouldn't they be the same size? Or are the holes in the Luganos smaller or something?

But did you talk to Tesla Service about the TPMS. they made me buy theirs as they said they would not deal wit any other sensor. I'm in Toronto. What sensors are the ones from Tire Rack? Are they Tesla Certified?

Cheers.

TireRack uses generic 433MHz TPMS sensors. I assume they would have performed some sort of compatibility test before recommending them, like they do for tires/wheels.

can someone please briefly explain why 20's would be so much better than 21's. now that I have a + that is wearing on the inside rear, I'm really trying to get a better feel of what the pros and cons are of various options. I love the look of the 21's a lot but I do have my limits as far as long term cost of ownership. these lagunas look nicer than the Tesla's 19" cyclones to me (why did Tesla have to go and stagger the turbine pattern on the 19"?!). I love super performance, but seeing how these high performance tires are expensive, don't last long and take something like a barrel of oil a piece to produce, I'm going back and forth about finding a good looking turbine wheel that will take a 30-40,000 mile tire... I've never thought so much about wheels and tires in my whole life, it kind of hurts my head!