Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with a Sig Red or Red Model S have pictures with either the cyclone rims or aero rims? Trying to decide which to get but may just get the standard 19" rims and save $1,200. The Rials look the best but Tesla won't mount them (could always have them mounted elsewhere of course).

Despite TireRack having shipping fees that border on extortion, I'll probably be getting a set of Luganos to use as my winter wheels.

I asked about the breakdown for shipping on a set of wheels and tires as it was about $600 for me. Roughly 300 is shipping, 125 for gst and the rest is duty and brokerage fees. Have gone ahead with the luganos and xice3 for my winter setup.

No. Number 2 below.

From Encarta Dictionary (North American English)

ex·tor·tion (noun)
[ik-stawr-shuhn]

1. obtaining something by illegal threats
CRIMINAL LAW; the crime of obtaining something such as money or information from somebody by using force, threats, or other unacceptable methods
2. charging of unfairly high prices
the charging of an excessive amount of money for something (informal)
3. getting something by force
the acquisition of something through the use of force or threats

Just ordered from TireRack.com with shipping to Ontario, Canada for my 2013 Tesla Model S 85...

$956 Rial Lugano Bright Silver (comes with 20 lug nuts nickel plated plus a lug adapter)
$388 TPMS
$1076 245/45R-19 Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II 240 XL (mounted and balanced)

Shipping: $379.21
HST: $340.01
Duty: $132.68
Provincial Tire Fee: $22.76
Brokerage Fee: $40.00

Order total including shipping and taxes: $3,334.66

Note that the TPMS and Rial Lugano rims have an estimated availability of 11/02/13 and 11/01/13 respectively.

Cheers!

Yep. It costs about $1000 extra per set of tire/rims to get them from the US (I doubt these fees are unique to TireRack).

When I get mine I'm just ordering the wheels and TPMS (no other shop carries these that I've found) then getting my chosen tires locally (several options here with comparable prices). Saves about half on the fees this way. More complicated, but $500 is $500.