Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘25 Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster is vaporware.

For now, yes.. but I think they'll make it someday. But not anytime soon.

Range is King. Roadster is advertised as 620 miles.

The Roadster will never have 620 miles of range. I doubt it will have more than 400 miles of range. Tesla doesn't need range, they need to improve recharge speed.

I just want a nice sports cars as my daily driver. Something that can pass knuckle heads when I want too. This was the promise and I bought into to it. But it appears that Tesla can’t actually deliver it. Nonetheless I still want it and If porche delivers on it, then I’d consider it.

I don’t really care about 600 miles (or rockets. or backseats). The M3P range has been totally fine for me. And if the 600 miles comes with some (significant) compromises on weight or handling, then I’d actually prefer not to have it. Unless it’s all needed to hit the insane torque it must have.

I’m looking for a good handling fast sports car (for non track driving) with super changer network support.

I just want a nice sports cars as my daily driver. Something that can pass knuckle heads when I want too. This was the promise and I bought into to it. But it appears that Tesla can’t actually deliver it. Nonetheless I still want it and If porche delivers on it, then I’d consider it.

I don’t really care about 600 miles (or rockets. or backseats). The M3P range has been totally fine for me. And if the 600 miles comes with some (significant) compromises on weight or handling, then I’d actually prefer not to have it. Unless it’s all needed to hit the insane torque it must have.

I’m looking for a good handling fast sports car (for non track driving) with super changer network support.
You are talking about 600 mile range of the past.

Tesla was talking 600 mile range of the future with better chemistry, light battery, less weight... It should be in Cybertruck with a promise of 520 mile range.

If Tesla can do Robotaxis then 600 mile range is just child play.

I've been driving long distance with a Tesla since 2012 and range is still important to me. Not every hotel has a vacant charger...