Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet Electric Sidecar: a new mobile app for vehicle owners [seeking beta testers]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

featherless

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2023
California
Hey there! I'm a new member here but a long-time member over in the Taycan forums. Still got my Cybertruck reservation in the queue (#RN112972486) and waiting impatiently for my order date :)

I've been working on an app called Electric Sidecar for the past year, primarily targeting Porsche vehicles so far but with the new Tesla API I've been exploring expanding support for Tesla vehicles as well. The app is available only as a TestFlight app right now, which means it's free to try out if you have an iPhone / Apple Watch. You can get the beta here: Electric Sidecar

If you're interested in beta testing a new app in its infancy, and heavily shaping the product direction as a result, please shoot me an email at [email protected] or we can use this thread for ongoing discussions. Tesla support is in its infancy and I know there's tons of features the app could add with the new Tesla API, so your input will have a big impact on the app.

The core features of the app include:

- Standalone support for the Apple Watch.
- Built-in automatic trip logging and analysis (no data entry needed).
- Vehicle commands from your phone and Watch.
- Widgets, complications, and all the jazz that's pretty standard in the third party app ecosystem for EVs now.
- Vehicles from multiple makes in one app (Toyota, Porsche, and Tesla all supported so far, with BMW coming soon).
- Manage charging schedules from the app.
- Storage Mode, for when you need to leave your vehicle standing for longer periods of time.
- Historical recalls affecting your VIN
- Community issue tracking (e.g. Issues · ElectricSidecar/Porsche-Taycan)

The app is only available for Apple hardware at this point.

Screenshots:

1704486569109.png

1704486588915.png

1704486602966.png

1704486641683.png

1704486486939.png

Reactions: fmanders
Hey there! I'm a new member here but a long-time member over in the Taycan forums. Still got my Cybertruck reservation in the queue (#RN112972486) and waiting impatiently for my order date :)

I've been working on an app called Electric Sidecar for the past year, primarily targeting Porsche vehicles so far but with the new Tesla API I've been exploring expanding support for Tesla vehicles as well. The app is available only as a TestFlight app right now, which means it's free to try out if you have an iPhone / Apple Watch. You can get the beta here: Electric Sidecar

If you're interested in beta testing a new app in its infancy, and heavily shaping the product direction as a result, please shoot me an email at [email protected] or we can use this thread for ongoing discussions. Tesla support is in its infancy and I know there's tons of features the app could add with the new Tesla API, so your input will have a big impact on the app.

The core features of the app include:

- Standalone support for the Apple Watch.
- Built-in automatic trip logging and analysis (no data entry needed).
- Vehicle commands from your phone and Watch.
- Widgets, complications, and all the jazz that's pretty standard in the third party app ecosystem for EVs now.
- Vehicles from multiple makes in one app (Toyota, Porsche, and Tesla all supported so far, with BMW coming soon).
- Manage charging schedules from the app.
- Storage Mode, for when you need to leave your vehicle standing for longer periods of time.
- Historical recalls affecting your VIN
- Community issue tracking (e.g. Issues · ElectricSidecar/Porsche-Taycan)

The app is only available for Apple hardware at this point.

Screenshots:

View attachment 1006333
View attachment 1006334
View attachment 1006335

View attachment 1006336

View attachment 1006332
Have you decided on a business model for once you're done with beta testing? Might there be an option for beta testers to get the final app for free or a reduced price?

I'm interested in testing the app but don't want to find myself stuck with an expensive subscription or anything like that once it's out of beta. Thanks!