Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Model S Owner's Manual

I have a link to download the manuals on the MyTesla page and I haven't even been invited to finalize, so I think it doesn't have anything to do with delivery. Sorry.

Name:  manual.png
Views: 886
Size:  43.8 KB
    Last edited by gregincal; 2012-12-11 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added pic

Blog Entries
    There's discussion about Owners Manuals and their timing (including that just about everyone now has the link) over here: Model-S-Owner-s-Manual

I take it Lloyd knew about those already, but is just bummed/aghast that "that's it?!". No techie/mechanical detail at all, and definitely not a Service Manual.

Yes, I believed there would be more. Especially when comparing to other owners manuals I am used to at 500 pages plus! I have to believe that this is a 'work in progress'!
    SP-2823(sold), Tesla/Rav4EV, P+17252, XP-12

Pistons are unnecessary. Todd Burch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yes, I believed there would be more. Especially when comparing to other owners manuals I am used to at 500 pages plus! I have to believe that this is a 'work in progress'!
    It seems they're taking the Apple approach (Silicon Valley approach as others call it). Anyone who owns a Mac knows that they only include the bare essentials in the documentation and leave it to the user to figure out the rest!

I'd much prefer a detailed and complete manual. It would give me more to read to pass the time until my car arrives .
    P85 VIN?????. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 19s (for now), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: P1577, VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

well they are continuing to slowly enhance their localization support by publishing the fr_ca versions of some of the manuals. I still had to set my region to be the US to access them however.
    Canadian Model S - P98 - VIN 5297: 85kWh, Dolphin Grey, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano, Twin, Parcel
    Reservation made November, 2010
    Brought home March, 2013

I downloaded the new manual and compared it with the first downloadable one. They are both version "1.6" according to their file data, but the newer one is 9.6MB instead of 7.3, and has two extra pages. The new one has software 4.0 instructions on it, and an extra page with links to the website and copyright info. Throughout there are formatting tweaks along with the different software; there is an extra page about homelink, and about getting software updates.

Model S - R140
    The HPWC Installation Manual is now up.
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Well they seem to have finally solved the issue of a bad region based redirection to access the manuals. I can access all the manuals now without having to set my region to be from the US.
    Canadian Model S - P98 - VIN 5297: 85kWh, Dolphin Grey, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano, Twin, Parcel
    Reservation made November, 2010
    Brought home March, 2013

Has anyone read the owners guide? I was reading page 4 "Instrument Panel at a Glance". and have a question.
    above the image of the panel the text says
    "Use the left steering wheel controls to control the media player. Your can press/hold/roll the button to change what displays on the left side of the instrument panel. The Media Player is displayed."
    The left side of the panel is covered by a pop-out of the charge level and door status image.
    The right side of the panel has the selection for the "Media Source" and "Right Wheel" graphic.

I checked the fr_ca version and it says the same thing (but in french)

have I been mixing up my Left/Right (gauche/droit) all these years?

Edit: As I continue to read. there are other things that make me think that it was written by someone who has a PhD in English, but has never spoken to anyone in plain english.
    page 7: "Touch to turn the air conditioning on and off. Turning it off reduces cooling. However, it reduces the power used by the battery"
    I had to read it twice. yes, turning something off will use less battery power. using "However" makes it sound like it is something with a negative consequence.
    Last edited by dsmith2189; 2012-12-20 at 11:40 PM.

85 kWh Silver Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Int: Black Leather with (Gloss) Obeche Wood and CCI, Pkgs: Tech, Sound Studio, Air, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

Thread Information