Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpace View Post
    Congrats on the order! I recommend front XPEL coverage if you are going to be doing a lot of highway driving. I had the factory paint armor (which was only partial coverage) and immediately picked up a rock chip just above where it stopped. I also recommend one of the hydrophobic coatings. I got CQuartz at EVS (evsmotors) with Opticoat on the wheels. EVS does all three of the popular coatings (Modesta, CQuartz, Opticoat) along with tinting. The other installer that has a lot of Tesla experience is John Gray (Gulf Coast Auto Shield - Home). I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
    Gosh that reminds me, I need to get over to EVS to get the PhotoSync tinting done.
    P85D | MC RED | 21" | Tech | Pano | Tan 2nd Gen Seats | dual chargers | VIN...P64055

Hi, I am new owner, looking to take a road trip this weekend to Austin. Any tips on charging locations in Austin from members who have ventured out there? Anybody with a CHAdeMo adapter I might be able to borrow? Thanks in advance!

If you are just going to Austin from Houston, I wouldn't worry about getting a CHAdeMO adapter. Charge up at the SuperCharger at Columbus and use a destination charge at one of the hotels downtown or charge up at the Domain at the Tesla Gallery. On the way back, just SuperCharge back at Columbus (if you have the range) or San Marcos if you don't. Good luck!

yes, real fiddler @={= +} SW2Fiddler's Avatar

Houston, TX

For four (edit: it's now six) bucks the Hyatt by Town Lake will let you park at a HPWC. They are right by the Bat Colony Bridge.
    Use one of the two 64A ones closer to the elevators, because the one closest to the entrance is only about half the speed.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread Information