Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X to be at New York Fashion Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. Why would Tesla want to be associated with Needless Markup? Maybe this is a good thing. I don't see it though.

Free publicity? Actually, I see this move as an extremely positive thing. Up until now, Tesla has been trying to undersell the Model-X (IMO because they can't make them fast enough and prefer to realize immediate sales and have people buy a Model-S) and this is the first sign that they are trying to upsell the Model-X. That should mean that they have confidence that they can ramp up quickly now (if I have read the tea-leaves correctly).

Free publicity? Actually, I see this move as an extremely positive thing. Up until now, Tesla has been trying to undersell the Model-X (IMO because they can't make them fast enough and prefer to realize immediate sales and have people buy a Model-S) and this is the first sign that they are trying to upsell the Model-X. That should mean that they have confidence that they can ramp up quickly now (if I have read the tea-leaves correctly).
Thanks for the positive spin.

Maybe a custom interior? Or maybe everyone arriving to the red carpet via falcons?
I don't know about that interior. The falcon door exits would certainly create some buzz. Hopefully the don't suddenly decide not to work though! :eek::redface::wink:

Thanks for the positive spin.

I don't know about that interior. The falcon door exits would certainly create some buzz. Hopefully the don't suddenly decide not to work though! :eek::redface::wink:

At the very least getting out of a falcon door should significantly reduce the incidence of paparazzi crotch shots sine you can stand up and get out without spreading your legs...

Ugh. Why would Tesla want to be associated with Needless Markup? Maybe this is a good thing. I don't see it though.

Their markets do overlap especially for woman with higer disposible incomes.

At the very least getting out of a falcon door should significantly reduce the incidence of paparazzi crotch shots sine you can stand up and get out without spreading your legs...

Tesla could provide a few X for stars attending this year's Oscar. That could be a great advertisement money can't buy.

Last edited: