Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze Livemap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried this yet in their browser? Looks promising but I don't see any police icons at all in my area which is unusual.

Traffic Jam News, Updates from the Road - Waze Live Map

I tried it last night, didn't seem to work at all. I don't know if it is location sensitive as it had me zoomed into Mexico. I think that they need to partner with Tesla to get this to function properly in the the Model S/X.

This is a function of how waze works. In general, the "hidden" police markers are going to be more accurate because, by definition, they're probably parked somewhere looking for speeders whereas plain site police can be parked, driving, writing a ticket, or covering an accident.

Has anyone tried this yet in their browser? Looks promising but I don't see any police icons at all in my area which is unusual.

Traffic Jam News, Updates from the Road - Waze Live Map

This is ok, but using Waze on a smartphone gives much better info IMO. Better yet...we need intgrated Waze-like info on our 17" screens. See this thread: Tesla: We Need WAZE Now | Forums | Tesla Motors

It has been suggested that the more people that submit requests to TMC, the more likely that they will listen to owners about this.
If you are interested in having this feature, please send your requests to [email protected].