Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
My MS arrived just before LTE connectivity became standard. So after receiving a referral credit and seeing that LTE upgrades were available I rang the local (Salt Lake City) service center and made an appoint for a few days later to get the upgrade.

Dropped off the car yesterday afternoon and picked up a loaner. Received word this morning that they'd finished the upgrade a few hours before I was expecting so headed back to the SC and immediately ran a speed test to see if there was much improvement.

There was a lot of improvement with download speeds 3+ times faster than before. A couple of test even showed a 6x improvement.

So, a bit pricey (what Tesla accessory is not :) ) but I'm really liking the extra speed.

And kudos to the SLC SC for getting me in so quickly and getting the job done ahead of schedule.

Glad to hear. I'm literally right now watching my MS on Visible Tesla being driven back to me right now from a LTE and dual charger installation. I'm excited to see the difference. I mainly needed it for coverage and not as much speed, the 3G signal here is not great at all.