Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my S85 today, getting nervous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sales guy called me this afternoon and told me the showroom car I was looking at had the discount doubled on it. Went from $5k to $10k off MSRP. Said they were trying to sell more cars before the end of the quarter. After I put down my non-refundable deposit I'm starting to get nervous. It's the first car I'll have owned that cost almost a $100k. Just hoping I made the right decision.

$10k off sounds like a good deal to me! I'm sure you'll fall in love after driving it around! You should be excited:smile:. It's an expensive car, but worth every penny!
My sales guy called me this afternoon and told me the showroom car I was looking at had the discount doubled on it. Went from $5k to $10k off MSRP. Said they were trying to sell more cars before the end of the quarter. After I put down my non-refundable deposit I'm starting to get nervous. It's the first car I'll have owned that cost almost a $100k. Just hoping I made the right decision.

Do showroom cars get the tax rebate? If not, that's cool that the discount kinda gives you the same off.

Also, I feel ya, OP! My previous and only other car I've ever owned was an $8,000 used 2003 Toyota Celica, LOL.

The Tesla feels like I'm driving a spaceship from the future in comparison :D

Do showroom cars get the tax rebate? If not, that's cool that the discount kinda gives you the same off.

Also, I feel ya, OP! My previous and only other car I've ever owned was an $8,000 used 2003 Toyota Celica, LOL.

The Tesla feels like I'm driving a spaceship from the future in comparison :D

It still gets the credit. Normal demo/loaner reduction is $1000/mo + $1 per mile, so it just means that's doubled.

When I bought my model S, it was twice as much as I have ever paid for any car. So I understand your nervousness.
A year later, I haven't regretted getting the car at all. The nervousness will go away.

When I bought my model S, it was twice as much as I have ever paid for any car. So I understand your nervousness.
A year later, I haven't regretted getting the car at all. The nervousness will go away.

Same here - when I ordered mine in 2013 I had no way to test drive one in my area, I had only seen one in person once, and it was twice what I'd ever paid for a car :) I was really worried that I may have made a big mistake, but... OMG I love this car and it just makes my family happy in so many ways. I have never once regretted the decision.

I ordered a couple of months ago and it made me nervous too. Previous car was $25k, the one before that was $13k. I've had it for a week and I'm still nervous. But it's so very much worth it. You know all those articles talking about how it's a really great car? They're all wrong. It's much better than they say. As long as you can afford the car and still have a place to sleep and food to eat afterwards, I think you'll have no regrets at all.

If the showroom car has autopilot hardware, I'd make a hard consideration to get the showroom. Tesla is pretty easy to work with, and if you just made your reservation, I have no doubt they would be happy to transfer over the deposit to buying a showroom car.

Before I bought the Roadster in 2009, all of my cars had been under $20k. It took a lot of thinking before I went for it. The Roadster was more than my first house! My stomach hurt for 3 days after I sent in the check.

But all has been great since. We still have the Roadster and now we have a Model S too. And a Model X reservation. I still smile every time I go out in to the garage and see those cars.

As ModelS1079 says, of all the things that don't matter, this is the best.

Same with me. At first it seemed like a mind boggling amount of money for a car. But I have zero regrets. Totally worth it!

i had the same experience. was still concerned when i showed up to pick up the car. but once i opened the door and got in it, i couldn't stop smiling. i think i was even laughing. three months later and it's still just as awesome. no wait, it's even BETTER, because it's downloaded features that it didn't have back then!

Reactions: Akikiki
You will never regret it! Depending on how much you drive, you might be shocked at how much you save in gas. For me, 500+/mth. And if yoU can get an EV electric rate plan for your house, it could be even higher.

I love my car and can't wait to drive it everyday. I bet you'll feel the same! CONGRATS!