Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Design Studio Now Showing Full Price

Tesla Design Studio Now Showing Full Price

The TM Model S Design Studio appears to have changed. It is now showing the full price of the car (when the cash option is selected) rather than the price inclusive of the $7,500 tax credit. In addition, below the full price it says "Save $7,500 with EV incentives." Likewise, below the large font price section, the smaller window shows the full cash price-$7,500 tax credit.
    S85 | MC Red | 19" Standard Wheels | Pano | Tan | Piano Black | Dual Charger + HPWC | Tech | Air Suspension | Parking Sensors | UHFS | Alcantara Headliner | Parcel Shelf
    Ordered: 6/17/14 | Confirmed: 6/30/14 | VIN Assigned: 7/28/14 | Expected Delivery: Late September
    My posts may not be quoted outside of this forum without my permission.

Makes sense to show that price. Lease and finance price also show starting price and then below "plus xxx in EV savings" rather than inclusive of HOV lane time savings and all that variable stuff. Wasn't there a Calif. dealer association bickering about the wording on the web a while back? Here is the link California Dealers Accuse Tesla Of 'Misleading' Customers With Financing Promises

As Model X and then Model III approach, more pedestrian buyers will want clear pricing and also clear understanding of the federal tax credit. Many don't understand it. Even Ford and GM dealer salespeople call it a rebate, which it is not.

Tesla Design Studio Now Showing Full Price

@iadbound, nice pickup. I was just on the Design Studio page 10 hours ago and that change was not implemented yet, but now I see the change you posted about.

I think it is an improvement, and a more honest way of portraying the price. Besides, the Federal tax credit is going away for Tesla sometime around 2016 when they sell their 200,000th vehicle (right?) so they need to starting getting people used to not assuming that will apply to their future purchase, and start saving up now!
    Last edited by ecarfan; 2014-08-10 at 07:29 AM.
    S 85 Silver & Grey w/Tech, Coils, Hi-Fi Sound, Parking Sensors, Fog Lamps, Lacewood, HPWC, took delivery 12/21/13, currently approaching 13K miles

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecarfan View Post
    I think it is an improvement, and a more honest way of portraying the price.
    Agreed. I think people are mostly over sticker shock now and have forgotten about the base car for under $50,000 that was originally advertised.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Definitely think that's a good move on their part. It was very annoying when I was considering affordability of initial purchase. If it was instant savings that's one thing, but since you do need to pay/finance to reach the full amount and only get the money back several months later it makes far more sense to highlight it but NOT include it by default.

S85, blue, textile/piano, pano, air, tech, parking, sound, subzero, ordered: 22-May-2014, confirmed: 24-May-2014, delivery 12-Sep-2014, vin 50411 issued 17-Jul-2014

Nice to see. Honest straight forward without any shenanigans. That is what puts tesla above all car dealers, so glad to see them get that straight on the website
    60kwh⚪Blue⚪Tan Interior⚪Obeche Matte Wood⚪19"wheels⚪Pano Roof⚪Tech⚪SC
    Reserved:11/12/2012⚪Finalized:1/31/13⚪Delivery email:4/27/13⚪Delivered:5/17/13

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Great to see. Even people here would often make the mistake and quote the discounted price forgetting about the tax credit being already included.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by ecarfan View Post
    I think it is an improvement, and a more honest way of portraying the price. Besides, the Federal tax credit is going away for Tesla sometime around 2016 when they sell their 200,000th vehicle (right?) so they need to starting getting people used to not assuming that will apply to their future purchase, and start saving up now!
    It's 200,000 cars sold for use in the U.S., not total, so I don't think the tax credit is going away that soon.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasEV View Post
    It's 200,000 cars sold for use in the U.S., not total, so I don't think the tax credit is going away that soon.
    It depends on what year G3 starts shipping.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

This is a good improvement, long overdue.

Thread Information