Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Todays test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order yesterday for an 85 with standard suspension, and 19" tires. Woo hoo! Today I was able to test drive a similar 85, however it had 21's. During the drive I noticed the suspension felt very stiff didn't absorb bumps as I expected really, and the road noise on the interstate was very noticeable. Are these both symptoms of the 21"s? Am I just being too picky ?

It depends on the tires and options may have changed; but I noticed a difference when I went from 21 to 19. The 19s were quieter and absorbed bumps better. However, the steering is not as sharp with the 19s.

These differences were not huge. I think the Model S is tuned closer to a sports car than a luxury car, so there will be some noise and harshness no matter what wheel/tire combo you get.

I placed my order yesterday for an 85 with standard suspension, and 19" tires. Woo hoo! Today I was able to test drive a similar 85, however it had 21's. During the drive I noticed the suspension felt very stiff didn't absorb bumps as I expected really, and the road noise on the interstate was very noticeable. Are these both symptoms of the 21"s? Am I just being too picky ?

I'm so glad to here. Congrat!. Look forward to seeing you and your soon to be new ride at the STL gatherings.