Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on Dutch TV (Full interview and Broadcast)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Now more people in The Netherlands will have heard about Elon Musk.

I am sure that in the very near future the media here in The Netherlands will broadcast more news items about Elon Musk.

That guy coming in and fixing Elon's collar while he doesn't even look is boss. hahahaha.

I feel like he didn't really answer some of the questions and instead gave generic, rehearsed (or said over and over) material.

Last edited:
The interviewer mentioned to Elon that Tesla paid off its loan 10 years early. Remember that the loan was originally for 25 years just like it still is for Ford and Nissan. Early on Tesla renegotiated an early payback, 10 years, for a more rapid access to the money. Every interviewer and reporter continues to incorrectly state that the payback was 10 years early, when in reality it was 25 years early. It's easy to forget the 25 years when almost everyone says it was 10.

Elon reiterates that Tesla is limited by supply constraint, not demand. He predicts 600 cars per week by the end of the year, depending entirely upon supplier constraint.

Nice interview.
One of questions Elon never directly answers is when will we see a significant improvement in the battery pack? This was asked again @11:10 and he tactfully changed the topic to the superchargers.
He is getting very good at this:smile:

Good interview, with a fair amount of new material (such as info on the European rollout) and minimal rehashing of old material.

Was a bit surprised Elon stated that a 20 minute Supercharge at 120kW would only net you 200km range. I thought this was supposed to be closer to 200 miles (probably what he meant).

Good interview, with a fair amount of new material (such as info on the European rollout) and minimal rehashing of old material.

Was a bit surprised Elon stated that a 20 minute Supercharge at 120kW would only net you 200km range. I thought this was supposed to be closer to 200 miles (probably what he meant).

20 min of 120 kW is 40 kWh

If you consume 200 Wh per km you get 200 km, as Musk said and meant.