Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Biography By Walter Isaacson

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, the more I read into Isaacson biography of Musk and the more I am gaining respect towards Kimbal

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 48
I just finished Isaacson’s book. I agree it’s a must read even for those of us who already know most of the story.

One thing that particularly struck me was how many of Elon’s extended family members have been employed by one of his many companies. Not only is he extremely close to his family, but he seems to trust them and want them involved in his companies. His own (numerous) children are mostly too young to be involved now, but many seem to be pursuing STEM paths that could make them active participants in the future.

So instead of thinking about Musk, maybe we should be thinking about Musks.

Like “the Kennedys”

But the Kennedys only inherited a recognizable name and some good looks. The Musks are going to inherit not only some amazing genes but also great wealth and ownership interests in the world’s most innovative companies.

Which may mean that rather than us being, say, half way through the Musk Era, we are instead only at the very beginning of the Musks Era.

Happy New Year, and cheers to the longs!

View attachment 1004535

I was with him most of the time until twitter. After twitter buyoff and biography reading, still I was giving him benefit of the doubt about free speech, trying to believe he's somehow impartial but he is getting progressively out of control and turned into a propaganda machine. It's sad and very dangerous. Wish he could just focus on business and technical stuff which he's great at. Or even at the missions he had envisioned for mankind.

Reactions: MD70
I was with him most of the time until twitter. After twitter buyoff and biography reading, still I was giving him benefit of the doubt about free speech, trying to believe he's somehow impartial but he is getting progressively out of control and turned into a propaganda machine. It's sad and very dangerous. Wish he could just focus on business and technical stuff which he's great at. Or even at the missions he had envisioned for mankind.

Reactions: Kvitravn