Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Refuses Model S - Roadster Trade-In

Roadster 938 Model S 5957

Delivery Frustrations: Top Priority

Has anyone else found after getting the Tesla email runaround that their catch phrase is that you are their top priority? But actually means they have no idea what's going on and you will most likely be transferred to yet another customer service employee....

With the complete disaster from Tesla HQ in regards to doing anything at all with my model S that has been shipped to my nearest service center, it just sits there as they cannot figure out how to get a trade in price on a roadster, or do any paperwork. Now in week 3 and no end in sight.....pathetic.

Please beware if you hear the words "top priority" . I have had it used 3 different times and each time left in the dark even more.

Ha, we got the "over promise" everything impression after talking to a CS rep for just 5 minutes. I figured "typical California MO"

Happy Model S Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by stenkb View Post
    Has anyone else found after getting the Tesla email runaround that their catch phrase is that you are their top priority?
    No.
    But actually means they have no idea what's going on and you will most likely be transferred to yet another customer service employee....

With the complete disaster from Tesla HQ in regards to doing anything at all with my model S that has been shipped to my nearest service center, it just sits there as they cannot figure out how to get a trade in price on a roadster, or do any paperwork. Now in week 3 and no end in sight.....pathetic.
    That, however, sounds absolutely typical. The paperwork end of things is a complete mess. I bet they don't have anyone who even knows the Alberta laws.
    I take "Electro", my amazing Model S, to the train station: yes, it's a station wagon

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    I have found my experience with Tesla to be extremely positive at all times... including trading in my Roadster. Where are you in the overall process, and with whom are you speaking at Tesla about your trade-in?

Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12
    I wonder if this is a case of not knowing Canadian regulations well enough?
    PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz View Post
    I have found my experience with Tesla to be extremely positive at all times... including trading in my Roadster. Where are you in the overall process, and with whom are you speaking at Tesla about your trade-in?
    TM has been delightful every time I speak with them.

Tesla Refuses Model S - Roadster Trade-In

After what seems a very long time of back and forth with Tesla, I have finally shipped my Roadster to Vancouver to get a final trade in value for my Model S which is built and has been sitting in Vancouver for weeks now. Problem is Tesla has refused the trade in because they repaired it a few years ago for me, http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...epair-Roadster The thing I don't understand (and have been given no reasoning for) is that my car was scraped while parked from another vehicle that backed up too close to it, it wasn't an impact accident, basically the side panels on the car were either scratched or cracked. Tesla oversaw all the repairs and everything was replaced with new parts, painted and put back together.

Not only did this take months to repair, fast forward 2 years and now Tesla won't take the Roadster in on trade in? I can't get a real reason why...Tesla oversaw all the repairs, it was all new parts, nothing was patched up, and now they tell me they won't accept it. How does this make sense?

Jeez I even upgraded the car when it was there with the 2.5 front bumper, rear diffuser and a front CF lip on the bumper. (does that make it not allowed for a trade in as well? Those parts were replaced with new parts.....)

Does this mean anyone that had any parts on their Roadster changed out with new parts whether for repair or for an upgrade should not be allowed to trade in their Roadster? I really feel like they are trying to get one over on me and it isn't sitting very well.

Before
    Name:  scratch.JPG
Views: 1348
Size:  25.5 KB

After
    Name:  3.jpeg
Views: 1357
Size:  148.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stenkb View Post
    and have been given no reasoning for
    I would get a written trade-in refusal from Tesla... with that in your hand you know what you are dealing with and lots of avenues open up to you... good luck!
    Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

What do you expect to get for the car?
    P8911 ViN4288 85KW Silver Grey Obeche P85 21s Dual/Tech/Sound/Air Delivered 2/6/2013.
    P14936 Model S #2 14694 Red/Black/Black P85+ Dual Charger Solid Roof P+ 7/20 delivery.
    White/Tan S85 18201 ordered 7.26 delivered 9/2/12 (accident damage 12/12). Replacement White/Tan S85 delivered 3/5/14

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz View Post
    Start with this....http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...435#post300435

but basically I have talked with about 6 different Tesla reps, some lower level some higher level, and it has all been a mess. I know that large majority of people have had good service and I wish we all did, however I have gotten the run around for months and have lost most of my faith in the people at Tesla. I don't really want to name names, but even the trade in person who was near useless has been transferred and I had to start all over again with a new one - but same poor result. I am definitely having bad luck with the trade in process but I have had the same poor service from each level of employee there I have talked with as well. Well actually one lady was very nice and understanding, but she just transferred me to another that was useless again. I can't really pinpont where the problem originates for me it seems to be company wide, I think alot of it resides in the fact that if anything is out of the ordinary in any way at all - they have no idea how to handle it or how to get assistance with it.

Thread Information