Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S December Production email

I am P#9,045. I must be the highest reservation holder to get the email. Grey Performance 85kwh. Understand there are a "batch of Grey 85 performance model S's" on the line now. My only chance is some of the other Grey Performance 85kwh's defer to 2013. Well, here to a possibly exciting Christmas surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron.s View Post
    Hmmmm

So no one who was in the last round of "Finalize" emails sent on Monday (around P#9,050 up) have gotten this email it seems....

I Finalized right away Monday night. Hopefully they will get through these initial responses and send another round out and that I get the email because I will *definitely* click "YES, 2012" !!!!

Aaron
    P#9,045

Any estimate on how many emails went out?

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Scheck View Post
    I am said friend with the 40xx number. I am basically excited because I live down the street from Arnold Panz so I don't have to watch him drive by my house in his Model S anymore. I think we should start a new thread for the Tesla employee that reads the responses from the December delivery email to list the funniest responses. Mine would have been one of the following if I wasn't too excited to send a boring response:

Feel free to list what your funny response would have been.
    It's about time -- welcome to the TMC forums! Prepare to have your productivity reduced to zero as you anxiously read every minute detail about the car.

Oh, and you can catch up on our 80s movie reviews in the Fletch thread and here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...Update/page295

I hope I didn't ruin Trading Places for you there by giving away the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    I'm happy for you lucky blokes! Really!

Just wondering though: for many of you with higher sequence numbers who might have been expecting March or later deliveries before, does clicking Yes change your expectations from hereon? So, if you still miss the 2012 boat (coz' it's not guaranteed), would you now expect nay, demand a January or a February delivery at the latest?

We poor cousins with 60 orders are fretting over here.
    I specifically told them I wanted the car in December or March not really in between. I am really worried about a Jan 2 delivery. I feel fine pushing it to 2012, because I get my tax rebate in March. But if I get it in Jan I'll be rushing my purchase, I won't be exactly where I want to be financially, 240VAC outlet wise, taking time to sell my car. So we will see.

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

3807 in Oregon. No financing and no trade-in. I said delivery ASAP please. 85K, gray leather, no pano, air, non-performance. Fingers crossed.

Res. 8040 in Bay Area. I asked if I changed to 85kWh (from 60) and took factory delivery if I'd have a chance at delivery this year.

Was told that even if I were able to change my order it would be unlikely.
    Blue and Tan, Obeche gloss, Pano Roof
    Supercharger, Tech, Premium Sound, Air Suspension
    P 8040/VIN 4768 60kWH Picked up at Factory on 2/7/2013. Accident/RIP 5/25/2013

VIN 13605 Performance 85 Picked up 7/8/2013

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    GasDoc, yes, I dabbled with that idea too but, was told the same by Tesla that I'd most likely spill over into January anyway.

A switch to 85 may not really be worth it if, presumably, the 60 serves your range needs by any math that you may have used in the past - the EPA's actual 208 mile rating for the 60 pack is better than almost all estimates.
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    GasDoc, yes, I dabbled with that idea too but, was told the same by Tesla that I'd most likely spill over into January anyway.

A switch to 85 may not really be worth it if, presumably, the 60 serves your range needs by any math that you may have used in the past - the EPA's actual 208 mile rating for the 60 pack is better than almost all estimates.
    GG -- hold fast to your decision on the 60 kWh. I've been driving for over a month and never get my range below 100, and I am sometimes driving quite a lot each day. Other than inter-city driving, I really couldn't envision needing more than the 60 kWh battery for around town driving.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    GG -- hold fast to your decision on the 60 kWh. I've been driving for over a month and never get my range below 100, and I am sometimes driving quite a lot each day. Other than inter-city driving, I really couldn't envision needing more than the 60 kWh battery for around town driving.
    Yes, Josh, in hindsight, it almost appears as if Tesla was "compelled" to put out the 85 pack to prove the naysayers wrong with that magical 300 mile figure (and then the Perf for the driving dynamics) but, the 60 appears to be a sweet spot that fits a lot more driving profiles. And, even for intercity driving, it appears that I can, in theory, make SF-LA on one supercharge alone or with a brief second supercharge.

Back on topic here, congrats to those who'll eventually make it into the 2012 production (and more importantly, delivery) window!
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

P85 & 40kw
    GG, not to mention since you've been grandfathered into the supercharger access, come Jan 1 the sticker price on your model just went up $4500.
    VIN 2970 - P85, Blue, Black Roof, Grey 21's, CF interior, Spoiler, Black Leather, Tech, Air, Sound, Jump Seats.
    VIN 10610 - 40kw, Dolphin Grey, Black Roof, Silver 21's, Matte Obeche, Tan Leather, Tech, Air.

Thread Information