Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would a news article help?

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm In Awe View Post
    From the freshly published Owners Manual:
    12,000 MILES, OR 12 MONTHS
    whichever comes first
    Maintenance and service must be performed by Tesla-certified technicians.
    Damages or failures caused by maintenance or repairs performed by non-
    Tesla certified technicians are not covered under the warranty.
    What matters is the text in the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty handbook that comes with the car. And we know that this requirement is not there, based on people posting the text. This is a good thing for Tesla, as it would be illegal for it to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    3. I believe that VINs are assigned just before the car completes production so batching kinda precludes getting VINs to match reservation positions. I'm sure that someone will argue that this could be done differently but I also doubt that anyone will argue VIN #256 must be worth much more than #681. I'm certain though that anyone with a U.S. Sig will want a VIN # between 1 and 1,000 and that's fair.
    You want the VINs to be in order to help wth recall. That's particularly important for Tesla as recalls would be particularly expensive due to the distances from service centers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoney View Post
    You want the VINs to be in order to help wth recall. That's particularly important for Tesla as recalls would be particularly expensive due to the distances from service centers.
    Good point, that's obviously why they aren't assigned until the car is well into production.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoney View Post
    Really good point.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I completely agree. Tesla has done well in so many facets of the car making process. Communicating with the reservation holders i feel is still a hurdle to climb.

Good point, that's obviously why they aren't assigned until the car is well into production.
    The frame that Elon posted a picture of on Twitter has a VIN, I'm not sure if that's considered early or late in production.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    The frame that Elon posted a picture of on Twitter has a VIN, I'm not sure if that's considered early or late in production.
    His tweet said "S/N 396" which sounds much more like "S number" than VIN and if that had been a VIN Tesla would have been much further along.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    His tweet said "S/N 396" which sounds much more like "S number" than VIN and if that had been a VIN Tesla would have been much further along.
    Yeah. Could be Sequence number too maybe. Either way, they're making process. At least two Texas deliveries this weekend, mine included!
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I didn't mean to imply 396 was the actual VIN, just that the frame has a VIN. By that stage of production, the vehicle already has its destination determined (99% anyway, barring major problems further down the line).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    I didn't mean to imply 396 was the actual VIN, just that the frame has a VIN.
    Where do you see that?

Thread Information