Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think you read my post. It's main point was why teleoperation is a good thing.

Telerobotics has been around for decades. Twenty years ago, doctors performed remote surgery on a human patient from thousands of miles away. Tesla’s breakthrough is a scalable, AI enabled, mass produced, generalized platform.

Might get Solarcity kind of treatment?..., but couldn't Tesla buy xAI (or a part of it - idea has been floated before) and Elon get more shares, ownership that way?

Based on the share/option count shared here ... all he needs is like another 3-4% more shares...

This topic is too late for Q4 Conf call I think ?

Perhaps Tesla could treat X.ai like they do Dalhousie University and Jeff Dahn. By funding the project they would get first rights to the technology being produced.

Telerobotics has been around for decades. Twenty years ago, doctors performed remote surgery on a human patient from thousands of miles away. Tesla’s breakthrough is a scalable, AI enabled, mass produced, generalized platform.

Add to this how the "remote control" aspect for Optimus is merely part of the learning phase, where the robot is shown the human activity via touch, movement, and vision, then, can interpret how to do that activity on it's own.

There would be little gained by having to have an operator for each robot all the time. As pointed out, there are already robots that do that and applications for the Tesla Bot isn't targeting use for highly specialized tasks, such as surgery.

Boring, repetitive, dangerous, are the job qualities the army of Optimi will target.

Reactions: wipster and jerry33
There are 2 halves to any negotiation.

To unlock the higher rewards from any package, there may be a few requirements:-
  • Tesla bigger than Apple and ARAMCO combined.
  • 1 Million profitable working Optimus Robots.
  • 1 Million profitable working FSD Robotaxis
  • 20 Million vehicles produced annually,
  • Inhouse battery cell production of 1 TWh per year
  • Dojo as a service.
If both sides get everything that they want I am happy, but in order to be rewarded, Elon needs to deliver.

Elon has some idea of what is coming, I think that is why he is negotiating now.,
I agree with this sentiment and these milestones. The prior package was crafted as a “Here are some truly stupendously difficult, way-out-there goals to reach. If Tesla and TSLA achieve them, you will receive a stupendous, way-out-there bonus.” Your list is likewise appropriately SDWOT😉

I do not in any fashion condone a perceived attitude of “Give me more or else.” Mr Musk has a history of being not careful but careless in his remarks; I am holding off on passing judgment as to the nearness of that perception to reality.

As far as separate share classes go: for my entire life - beginning with Ford Motor pioneering this when even I was young - I have vocally argued that they are inimical to a properly functioning capital market; the power distortion they create makes a mockery of the investment world. Only very, very rarely have I ever purchased shares in any US company that had different voting rights amongst share classes, or kept them if a company created such.

My own version of @MC3OZ‘s proposal likely would have a different market cap milestone; instead of Apple + Aramco, I think the appropriate package, also focusing on AI and petroleum, might better be MSFT + NVDA + Aramco.

I also would need to have included a way such that this time, Mr Musk cannot go back on his word, and sell shares other than to pay for the windfall tax burden. Having said to my face (“our” faces, as this was the Jan 4 2017 investor meeting at Sparks) that we had nothing to worry about, he would be the last to sell any shares as he needed them for one purpose only, which was the Mars program, I will not be lied to again. He either is tied to keep the shares, or I cannot vote for or recommend that any vote for any further package.

'hey board - pay me for what I've delivered or I'm gone'.
I can’t help think of the sheriff in “Blazing Saddles”😂

What shareholder is most damaged…. Bend to my influence or I will prove I have most to lose.

Seems it was about this time of year, every few years, when a long teased move happens.

Why would he not divest more TSLA shares to more firmly establish privately held Xai and then dangle Xai shares to tease top talent to follow him.

Seems increasingly likely his presence in the public corporate space is going to get smaller over time but perhaps others see a different pattern.

I also would need to have included a way such that this time, Mr Musk cannot go back on his word, and sell shares other than to pay for the windfall tax burden. Having said to my face (“our” faces, as this was the Jan 4 2017 investor meeting at Sparks) that we had nothing to worry about, he would be the last to sell any shares as he needed them for one purpose only, which was the Mars program, I will not be lied to again. He either is tied to kee the shares, or I cannot vote for or recommend that any vote for any further package.

What if he felt that the pit of poisonous vipers he spent that money on eradicating actually threatened the long-term success of Tesla and the myriad parts of the Mars Project and doing so was crucial to achieving the goals?

So far he has been almost prescient in his ability to steer his fleet of projects through troubled waters in a magnificent fashion, often counter to the judgement of many of us mere Muggles.

I'm all for holding the reins on that horse loosely, rather than tightly.

I also would need to have included a way such that this time, Mr Musk cannot go back on his word, and sell shares other than to pay for the windfall tax burden. Having said to my face (“our” faces, as this was the Jan 4 2017 investor meeting at Sparks) that we had nothing to worry about, he would be the last to sell any shares as he needed them for one purpose only, which was the Mars program, I will not be lied to again. He either is tied to keep the shares, or I cannot vote for or recommend that any vote for any further package.

At the time, I thought it was an incredibly stupid and totally unnecessary promise to make. I think it was an impulsive, off-the-cuff statement. Given that he first invested in Tesla in 2005, I never held selling stock against him.

That said, you can’t give someone stock compensation with the stipulation that they never sell. No one will ever agree to that. The best the board could probably do is a 5 year hold.

Good morning, I grabbed 25 more shares, then thought about why.

This could be a snare setup for shorts. I'm good with this.

It could also be that Elon feels pressure to stop lowering prices further at the peril of short-term profits in order to hit extreme volume (as just an example of short-term thinking). Could be the combined pressure from unions, staff, countries, gov't. 🤷‍♂️ I'm good with this too.

This video isnt all what it looks like in the beginning. Optimus isn't doing this movements by itself. It is operated by a human who is actually doing the movements. Optimus is just following. Just look at the right corner of the video, you can see the gloves of the operator doing the movements.
Sure this is a nice video, but it's not that stunning what it seems to appear.
Right!? Nothing to see here. 🙄

I’m looking forward to seeing what your robotics company is doing.