Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure it's not what it looks like initially, but the capability is clearly there.

Here's what I see that is being overlooked: this teleoperation is a massive opportunity in and of itself! You can place an Optimus bot anywhere and have the ability to have anybody (or any expert) operate it. With an Optimus bot at your location you can have any professional at your fingertips. For instance an assisted living facility with a single Optimus bot can have a doctor check in on a patient one moment, and in the next the bot could have an elevator expert conduct an on-site assessment and repair.

This simple teleoperation feature alone is a force multiplier. This is working from home 2.0.
I’d love to teleoperate a bot putting ties on some people.

No options open currently but I certainly wish I had sold some calls. Luckily I sold 2/3 of my TSLA dramatically higher than where we are today. I didn’t realize you told me to do that. Thank you for what exactly? 😂

Good on ya', mate! It's a tough right now, but this Market response today is the main reason I don't trade, esp. not options (apparently, some folks think a $5 to $10T Mkt Cap for TSLA is worth buying into for a 15x). I wanna be here for the 200x I stand to make overall; not worried about -20% since Dec 28th... ;)

1705418167972.png

Cheers!

Questions - I'm not clear on the ask.

The Prize - 25% of Tesla. So he's falling below 25%? Now? Soon? Somehow, overall TSLA dilution must be causing this? Yes I know he sold quite a while ago, this is new.

What's the goal then? Has this been clarified? (Robot handsprings, 50% market share in ___ years? 20M Robots by 2030? TSLA at 500 SP by next year?)

Right!? Nothing to see here. 🙄

I’m looking forward to seeing what your robotics company is doing.
I happen to agree, nothing to see here.
Tesla was possibly trying to deceive the viewer as he later had to admit to the hand off camera that moved exactly with the Robot hand. This reminds me of the 2016 FSD video. Gotta watch this guy, he's good!

I think one aspect of Elons personality (and I often share it as an autistic trait) is that he finds it difficult to realize that other people do not know what he knows, or understand the implications.
Autism has nothing to do with. People don’t generally realize that others may not understand what they know, what they’ve experienced etc…

It’s a case of (nicely put) one’s reality is not anyone else’s. People generally react based on their own reality, their experience, and on what they would do. They forget that their reality doesn’t necessarily, and often doesn’t, apply to the reality of others.

It behooves people, if they wish to understand another, to put themselves in that other’s shoes. It can be really hard to do that when they’ve had zero relatable experiences and certainly impossible to do when their first reaction is to be judgmental, opinionated and otherwise closed off to even trying.

At the time, I thought it was an incredibly stupid and totally unnecessary promise to make. I think it was an impulsive, off-the-cuff statement. Given that he first invested in Tesla in 2005, I never held selling stock against him.

That said, you can’t give someone stock compensation with the stipulation that they never sell. No one will ever agree to that. The best the board could probably do is a 5 year hold.
I believe he meant it when he said. But let’s be honest, things change. Things changed. What he had in mind at that time for how things would develop and end, I guarantee didn’t go exactly like what he thought. They never do.

Holding people to things they’ve said YEARS before, under different circumstances, is at best unwise. And expecting a person to know how things will go and end, therefore expecting them to know exactly how to hedge their words so they never say something that someone can hold against them is at best ignorant.

Ultimately, he sold some shares to pay taxes, and he sold some shares to buy a company, and he still owns some shares.

Autism has nothing to do with. People don’t generally realize that others may not understand what they know, what they’ve experienced etc…

It’s a case of (nicely put) one’s reality is not anyone else’s. People generally react based on their own reality, their experience, and on what they would do. They forget that their reality doesn’t necessarily, and often doesn’t, apply to the reality of others.

It behooves people, if they wish to understand another, to put themselves in that other’s shoes. It can be really hard to do that when they’ve had zero relatable experiences and certainly impossible to do when their first reaction is to be judgmental, opinionated and otherwise closed off to even trying.

This resonates well with me.

It has been useful for me to think of each person having their own map of their world, and if I am unwilling to step onto their map, I'll never be able to see the world as they see it.

The flip-side being, choosing to believe one's own map is the only one limits their ability to see the rest of what reality has to offer.

Or, as stated in Richard Bach's "Illusions"...
"Argue for your limitations, and, they are yours"​

Oh, lookie!

Has the market responded to the concerns of @Thekiwi and his handful of faithful followers?

Or, maybe it is just @SOULPEDL buying...
It’s going to take the market a few days to digest the news. Isn’t that the excuse often used when Tesla beats and yet the SP of TSLA drops?

When will people learn? (Rhetorical)

picked up 70 more shares @ $213 with limit order .. thanks to all the Elon compensation hand wringing :D
Elon deserves to get paid to continue Tesla rise to the worlds most valuable company.... it is not about the money it is about the recognition of his leadership to which there is no comparison in recent times

At the time, I thought it was an incredibly stupid and totally unnecessary promise to make. I think it was an impulsive, off-the-cuff statement. Given that he first invested in Tesla in 2005, I never held selling stock against him.

That said, you can’t give someone stock compensation with the stipulation that they never sell. No one will ever agree to that. The best the board could probably do is a 5 year hold.

I believe he meant it when he said. But let’s be honest, things change. Things changed. What he had in mind at that time for how things would develop and end, I guarantee didn’t go exactly like what he thought. They never do.

Holding people to things they’ve said YEARS before, under different circumstances, is at best unwise. And expecting a person to know how things will go and end, therefore expecting them to know exactly how to hedge their words so they never say something that someone can hold against them is at best ignorant.

Ultimately, he sold some shares to pay taxes, and he sold some shares to buy a company, and he still owns some shares.
The next thing someone is going to tell me is that I’m old-fashioned for believing a person’s word is his bond; that words mean anything.

Well, I suppose that is one way to go through life. Not any life that I’d like to live, though.

May I extrapolate your views to include that you likewise would treat with such equanimity the BoD if it were to say “Things changed: we’re not going to honor that Incentive Package.”?

Whomever they call partners... Doubt they´d go as far as calling Tesla a partner for also building EVs ;)
BYD manager Wang Junbao emphasized that with the new fleet of ships they wanted to take a decisive step in overseas expansion. The ships should not only be used for your own cars, but also for partners' vehicles. The aim is to “herald a new era for Chinese automobile manufacturers on the international stage.”

Good that they have been thinking about CO2 efficiency, at least diesel electric for the following ships. Does anyone know how much of a difference that makes for long distance shipping? Would guess under those circumstances it is mostly constant power anyway except for starting to move, so not much of an advantage?

Anyway, it definitely proves they have BIG plans for exporting cars... Let´s see how this turns out.

IIRC, his original comment/promise was essentially "first in, last out" (which a natural interpretation means divesting of ALL shares). But it's true that at other points he has said "I have no plans to sell any shares for x time" (after some backlash from selling), which is still stating a fact that is very context dependent and subject to change. I can't remember if he held to that later promise (I think it was 2 years - details are fuzzy).

He's explicitly said multiple times to expect SP volatility. And warned investors not to play with options or leverage. I think those who internalize those points, and who aren't in a position of needing to sell, can remain calm in times of turbulence. I feel for those who are forced to sell - I did have to sell a tiny bit last year for complicated reasons, but got lucky enough to buy back in at a lower SP, could have gone the other way - but those who have the luxury of time can look at Tesla's fundamentals and see they've become an incredibly solid company.

Or, maybe it is just @SOULPEDL buying...
Lol, those shares are spent already for the quickest $200.

1705421056369.png

How was your morning fellow investors... Angry? Stressed out?

Contrary to all HODL strategies... I highly encourage a small % of shares used for day trading. It raises my spirits because I'm up when you're all poking each other's eye's out and getting banned. Yes, I was down too, but any associated neg emotion is replaced by the short-term gains. Less than 1% is all it takes to feel good when it drops. Try it!

The next thing someone is going to tell me is that I’m old-fashioned for believing a person’s word is his bond; that words mean anything.
But I don't think Elon ever promised/said he wouldn't sell any TSLA shares. I think he said something more along the lines of "I'll be the last one out." Which to me means he won't ever sell most or all of his shares.

But in reality, did you really expect him to never sell any TSLA shares? Even when they are his only compensation while he obviously has living expenses.