Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid vs Taycan vs EQS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it for $94k. Less than my Plaid. Only 8k miles, 2 1/2 years of CPO warranty, $190k msrp, and the Previous owner did a full PPF wrap of the car. Ceramic brakes and Burmester included
Man, I didn't realize they got that low. Well maybe in a couple years I'll make the switch. For now I'll enjoy the Plaid for what it is

Last edited:
Reactions: Propofoln
Can’t wait to hear your impressions vs Plaid
I
Can’t wait to hear your impressions vs Plaid

Drove it yesterday. Quieter, well built, rides better, handles way better, zero vibrations, charge ports on both sides of the car, same pano roof as S, awesome brakes. Real customer service. Burmester blows the S stereo away. Zero rattles

Negatives- not as fast, UI for Tesla is better (personal preference), flashier.

Taycan is easily the better car. Just don’t buy one that hasn’t depreciated like a mofo

I

Drove it yesterday. Quieter, well built, rides better, handles way better, zero vibrations, charge ports on both sides of the car, same pano roof as S, awesome brakes. Real customer service. Burmester blows the S stereo away. Zero rattles

Taycan is easily the better car. Just don’t buy one that hasn’t depreciated like a mofo
Why did seller sell it?

I

Negatives: nowhere near as practical or roomy for driver or passengers, way slower than a Plaid, smaller trunk than a Model 3, awful awful infotainment system, two gears is noticeable, no one-pedal driving (deal killer).

The reason these are cheap is there’s too many of them, and refresh/new model Taycan announcement is due any minute to compete with Plaid.

Lots of positives with the Taycan, of course, - as you state, but the negatives are significant (spent time in the Turbo S).

Negatives: nowhere near as practical or roomy for driver or passengers, way slower than a Plaid, smaller trunk than a Model 3, awful awful infotainment system, two gears is noticeable, no one-pedal driving (deal killer).

The reason these are cheap is there’s too many of them, and refresh/new model Taycan announcement is due any minute to compete with Plaid.

Lots of positives with the Taycan, of course, - as you state, but the negatives are significant (spent time in the Turbo S).

Thx for your feedback. I think both are great cars. Did you own a Turbo S? Yeah the speed is noticeable. The Turbo is still fast, just not insane fast

And how much will Porsche charge for the GT model which likely at best will match the Plaids power. Tarted up it will be 250k plus. Not to mention you’ll never get an allocation for one.

Reactions: Propofoln
Thx for your feedback. I think both are great cars. Did you own a Turbo S? Yeah the speed is noticeable. The Turbo is still fast, just not insane fast
Both are great cars. We won’t see progress unless there’s competition, so I’m glad it exists. I don’t own the Turbo S but a good friend of mine does. Now, as far as I’m aware the speed difference between the Turbo and Turbo S is all in the launch. Just an overboost option for the Turbo S. I kind of think that whole thing is a racket but that’s another story…

Reactions: teko
I

I think the refresh Model S has an awesome stereo. Better than any of my high end stereo‘s in my BMW or Mercedes.

Taycan sure is a great looking car, just wish it had better range.

I think the refresh Model S has an awesome stereo. Better than any of my high end stereo‘s in my BMW or Mercedes.

It has 300 miles on a full charge in the Turbo

Attachments

• 72264332989__F52D9142-EF8C-404A-8C3B-9B49EC8F4DBB.jpeg
    72264332989__F52D9142-EF8C-404A-8C3B-9B49EC8F4DBB.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 26

Yeah the Model S stereo is pretty good. Needs more bass, but pretty good. Only car stereo I’ve heard better is the Burmester 3d. That’s in a league of its own. Of course it’s a $6000 option too. My previous 4 Porsches all had the Burmester, and I bought them all pre-owned

Reactions: DBV1

Hoping you at least got a 22’ The others have pretty poor reviews for reliability. Just an observation from reviews.​

Is The Porsche Taycan Worth It?​

If you’re interested in a luxury electric option from Porsche, it might seem tempting to go with the Porsche Taycan. However, it isn’t worth it. The technology is not as advanced as it should be to bring value.

Those determined to purchase the Taycan should invest in the best years for the product. They will have issues, but significantly fewer than the worst year of the product.

Final Thoughts​

Although the Porsche Taycan is an exciting step for the manufacturer, it isn’t worth it just yet. We recommend going with the 2021 or 2022 selection if you’re determined to get your hands on the used variety of this product.

We hope this information is helpful! It’s tricky to land on the right year for your money, so our knowledge should clarify the situation and help you determine which version is best for your driveway.