Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know since when? My 2023 M3P came with HW3 The Y we got at the same time had HW4. That was in 2023 so maybe things have progressed. It would suck if the new M3P had older hardware.
I wasn’t keeping track of it for the model 3, but I remember the model Y had hw4 in the latter half of 2023, along with the S, X, and eventually the highland 3 in 2024. We purchased our MXLR in November 23, and it came with HW4.

I've always had light colored interiors and never had a problem. My kids know, no food or drink in the car. They knew this from when they were in car seats, they never got snacks or bottles while in the car. They had toys to keep them busy.
Rear seats in the M3P aren't perforated so even if kids are making a mess, synthetic leather as Tesla uses is much easier to clean and more tolerable of product type than real leather. (Most real leather leaving the factory now a days is treated so leather is easier to care for than in years past.)

I've always had light colored interiors and never had a problem. My kids know, no food or drink in the car. They knew this from when they were in car seats, they never got snacks or bottles while in the car. They had toys to keep them busy.
Rear seats in the M3P aren't perforated so even if kids are making a mess, synthetic leather as Tesla uses is much easier to clean and more tolerable of product type than real leather. (Most real leather leaving the factory now a days is treated so leather is easier to care for than in years past.)
The new rear seats are perforated. I just saw them today and was wondering if they also have active ventilation.

Reactions: jv92red
Is there a trick to taking of the wheel inserts? I'm planning to take the bigger pieces out, but I don't want to scratch the wheel. I will probably leave the little ones in just to avoid the holes. I was just curious if there is a technique to removing the ones with the clips.

Non ventilated perforated back seats? Not sure i get why Tesla would perforate the back seats. I kind a get it, it's a performance car so mirror the front seats... Ok, i take back what i said. All you people with young kids will have your work cut out for you!

It's clear to me that those plastic covers are to move air and cool the brakes (if you disagree, you are wrong 🤣). But, the rim will likely look better with it off. Have we seen any delete hardware to plug or fill the space?
There was a post in the anticipation thread of an eBay listing (edit: or vendor page) of hole plugs for the M3P wheels already. Too many pages so i haven't found the post yet, but it's in there.

Reactions: M3PDenver