Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many times an hour are you guys seeing this and hoping for the best? 🤣

View attachment 1045522
I'll be honest. I haven't been this excited since the first time I ordered a Tesla, which was a model 3 in 2019. This past November, my wife decided she wanted to upgrade to the X, and I was the one that made the purchase and followed through with the entire process until delivery. Even though the X was the most expensive car we'd ever purchased, I wasn't half as excited as I am currently for this car, and I only checked the app whenever I got a notification about a new message. For this one though, I pop in and out of this thread waiting for the first person to get a VIN in order to avoid refreshing my app. Even then I'm still finding myself in a habit of checking in the morning.

Why is anyone paying any attention at all to EDD dates (other than the fact that in waiting room threads, thats what people like to do, talk about moving EDD dates?

Didnt anyone see what I mentioned earlier in this thread? For reference, here it is again, regarding the ordering process:
This has me worried again = "4. Schedule delivery when they make that available, keeping in mind that they are not going to "hold the car for me for a week while I am out of the country?" or anything like that."

How about if I'm out for two weeks on vacation? (still in the country though :) )

Losing my place in line is not so much my concern as is the possibility of losing my $250 deposit AND losing $500 since my configuration is now priced $500 higher than it was on 4/25 when I placed my order.

This has me worried again = "4. Schedule delivery when they make that available, keeping in mind that they are not going to "hold the car for me for a week while I am out of the country?" or anything like that."

How about if I'm out for two weeks on vacation? (still in the country though :) )

Losing my place in line is not so much my concern as is the possibility of losing my $250 deposit AND losing $500 since my configuration is now priced $500 higher than it was on 4/25 when I placed my order.
Someone has mentioned that you are not loosing place in line after not being able to take delivery. You are just getting moved to the next available slot.
So for sure you won't be loosing deposit/price.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Isn't this release a bit atypical? I don't even think they are building the public release version of the M3P yet. It's odd to me that no reviewers, car mags, or the usual people who get cars early have any to even test. A few influencers have driven engineering mules around but they're not allowed to do full reviews.

I'm getting the feeling there could be significant delays on this car. Maybe they ran into last minute issues that they are having to correct before production? I'm used to the major influencers getting their hands on final versions weeks before they start to roll off the line but I don't think they even HAVE a final release.

How many times an hour are you guys seeing this and hoping for the best? 🤣
I have OCD and got tired of checking, closing the app, doubting what I saw, reopening the app to make sure, and still be disappointed.

So I ended up hiring a bunch of folks in each continent. We have a group chat going and when one goes to bed, the other one takes over. They've been told to refresh the screen every 15 seconds and they send me logs every day for me to ensure they're doing it per the terms of our agreement. So needless to say I'll know I got a VIN before Tesla's text message gets to me.

I have OCD and got tired of checking, closing the app, doubting what I saw, reopening the app to make sure, and still be disappointed.

So I ended up hiring a bunch of folks in each continent. We have a group chat going and when one goes to bed, the other one takes over. They've been told to refresh the screen every 15 seconds and they send me logs every day for me to ensure they're doing it per the terms of our agreement. So needless to say I'll know I got a VIN before Tesla's text message gets to me.
Not to throw gas on your OCD fire but I just got my VIN! Just kidding…or am I?

Haha. But for real - I set up a Trackly alert for any changes to the Model 3 configuration website that checked every minute for a change. That’s how I got my order in so quickly.

IMG_9137.jpeg

I’m still at May 14 - May 28 EDD.

Just to confuse everyone trying to reverse engineer the order number.

My order is RN 121619*** because I procrastinated and ordered May 3rd.

But my EDD still says June 2024. Much sooner than many folks with an earlier RN 1215***** number. But I am also located 40 minutes from the factory in Fremont, CA.

So I think there is limited correlation between RN and EDD. Location is likely a much bigger factor.

Just to confuse everyone trying to reverse engineer the order number.

My order is RN 121619*** because I procrastinated and ordered May 3rd.

But my EDD still says June 2024. Much sooner than many folks with an earlier RN 1215***** number. But I am also located 40 minutes from the factory in Fremont, CA.

So I think there is limited correlation between RN and EDD. Location is likely a much bigger factor.
i see the rn as a place in line. i started asking just to see where i was in relation to others. i doubt anyone is trying to reverse engineer the number.

i see the rn as a place in line. i started asking just to see where i was in relation to others. i doubt anyone is trying to reverse engineer the number.
Your order number can hurt you but it really doesn't help you that much. What this means if you have one of the lowest order numbers for this particular car then you may get a VIN sooner than someone else with a similar but higher order number depending on your location among other things. However, if you have a much higher order number then that alone may prevent you from getting one of the first cars regardless of your location and the other factors.

If you ordered in the first 15 minutes it probably doesn't matter whether you were 1 minute after it opened or 15 minutes after it opened. From what I have seen your location matters more in that regard.

Reactions: TulsaCoker
The one benefit I see to a later number and possibly slightly later delivery date, is being able get real world experiences and performance data that might allow you to cancel if it doesn’t live up to your expectations. Would be a shame if you’re expecting a 10 second car and it only beats the ‘23 model by .1 seconds.

Haha. But for real - I set up a Trackly alert for any changes to the Model 3 configuration website that checked every minute for a change. That’s how I got my order in so quickly.

That's awesome, kudos to you. I tried doing something like that with IFTTT but wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Also looked at a few other services but they seemed like you had to pay for them and again wasn't sure if I'd get them to do what I wanted. As I get older, technology is not on my side.

So what do we think? Am I getting my M3P today? 🤣 a girl can dream; right?
But seriously has anyone gotten a VIN or seen/ heard about anyone taking delivery of the new performance model?
I did order on release day but about 5/6 hours after roll out.

Grey with white
Located in Southern California
Leasing (and turning in existing Tesla lease)
Original EDD: May-June
IMG_7700.jpeg

But seriously has anyone gotten a VIN or seen/ heard about anyone taking delivery of the new performance model?

Grey with white
View attachment 1045589
I think you will probably get a VIN in the next two weeks. Congrats!

Reactions: YForMeee and jiren

Grey with white
View attachment 1045589
we have same exact edd. i think maybe tomorrow it’ll be pushed out or later today. i’m in los angeles area, but i do hope you magically get a vin today

Reactions: mpgxsvcd