Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good bye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieT

Aug 16, 2019
North West
It’s been a blast, literally. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my Tesla adventure over the last 5 years but I have started the countdown to the lease expiry date and I think I’ve made a decision on my next car. My needs have changed with WFH. Superchargers open to all seals the deal. I’ll try to be considerate with stall selection in future.

Tesla Positives
  • Lack of sales people.
  • World leading software and OTA updates (can be a blessing and a curse).
  • Performance (which if I’m honest I don’t ‘need’).
  • Efficiency
  • Fast reliable Superchargers (….open to all).
  • Matrix lights at Calais. Nice touch.

Tesla Negatives
  • Minimalist cabin- Tesla has gone too far with not enough buttons.
  • Over promising FSD dream. Rock solid AP still isn’t there 5 year later. Tesla needs a bridging strategy to bring customers with them to get to real world FSD. The dream is a bit too distant and people are seeing and feeling the reality of 2024.
  • USS
  • Wipers anyone?

My conclusion is that EV is the way to go (for many reasons) and other EV’s are catching up. Range and charging facilities are improving. Next Car: Ionic 5

I’ll not be posting much but might pop in from time to time. Until we meet again, good bye

Tesla_Model_3_(2023),_long_range,_Japan,_left-front.jpg

"Tesla Model 3 (2023), long range, Japan, left-front" by Kazyakuruma is marked with CC0 1.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail

It’s been a blast, literally. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my Tesla adventure over the last 5 years but I have started the countdown to the lease expiry date and I think I’ve made a decision on my next car. My needs have changed with WFH. Superchargers open to all seals the deal. I’ll try to be considerate with stall selection in future.

Tesla Positives
  • Lack of sales people.
  • World leading software and OTA updates (can be a blessing and a curse).
  • Performance (which if I’m honest I don’t ‘need’).
  • Efficiency
  • Fast reliable Superchargers (….open to all).
  • Matrix lights at Calais. Nice touch.

Tesla Negatives
  • Minimalist cabin- Tesla has gone too far with not enough buttons.
  • Over promising FSD dream. Rock solid AP still isn’t there 5 year later. Tesla needs a bridging strategy to bring customers with them to get to real world FSD. The dream is a bit too distant and people are seeing and feeling the reality of 2024.
  • USS
  • Wipers anyone?

My conclusion is that EV is the way to go (for many reasons) and other EV’s are catching up. Range and charging facilities are improving. Next Car: Ionic 5

I’ll not be posting much but might pop in from time to time. Until we meet again, good bye
fair enough. I'll be doing the same as soon as I can get up north down the A1 and not have to worry about charging. Interesting choice, I'm wondering what made you go with i5?
My decision was between that and a M3 2.5 years ago and I went with Tesla. Mainly because of the SC network and price/space. I guess its nice to have something different and if you aren't using the network then I'd say go for it. Nice cars and they drive well.

Enjoy the new car :)

The Ioniq 5 is a big step down from Tesla OP.

Blue Link app is no where near as good as the tesla app. I don't know about you but I use the tesla app all the time before I drive for climate etc.

It has a physical key, vs the Bluetooth phone key of Tesla. Hyundais Bluetooth key involves you having to open the app and faff about vs just walking close to the car with tesla.

Software and screen is far better than on the tesla than the hyundai, Teslas infotainment is better than any other manufacturer at the moment.

OTA updates, you already know Hyundai will abandon these soon while tesla continously provides updates that are actually useful.

Up to you though....

I think those of us who’ve been around 4 years and more have come to learn that “coming soon” and “upcoming” have come really means “coming eventually if at all possible”

Eventually, the cons come to outweigh the pros

Musk just laid off the entire supercharger team. Lord knows who else will go. Until he goes Tesla is going to flounder.

If you own an early Tesla there is no incentive to buy another, not for me anyway.

I think those of us who’ve been around 4 years and more have come to learn that “coming soon” and “upcoming” have come really means “coming eventually if at all possible”

Musk just laid off the entire supercharger team. Lord knows who else will go. Until he goes Tesla is going to flounder.

If you own an early Tesla there is no incentive to buy another, not for me anyway.
this is exactly where I am. No way am I "buying" another Tesla. If I do its on lease so I can just give it back. The company worries me at the moment

Good luck with your new car. Nice to have something different.

We had ordered an EV6 until second hand market normalised and couldn’t justify the cost to change. So sticking with our legacy Tesla that still only does 90% of what we ordered nearly 5 years to the day when Tesla was a very different company.

And if you have gone for the N, quote overheard from a Tesla Model 3 Performance owner at Goodwood FOS - “my car can’t even do that”.

As someone who joined this august body the day before you, I very much agree :) I'm on my second and am keeping it. I certainly wouldn't consider another Tesla on current spec/prices.

My Wife drives a 2023 Skoda Enyaq VRS Coupe 80kWh with Maxx Pack. It's a nice car, with leather seats, matrix headlights, massage drivers seat, head up display, cruise assist, electric tailgate, electric suspension...

But the Software App... it's too slow, unreliable... saying doors are open, when they're not. Setting its own charge level to 100%... when you've gone to bed with it at 80%. Getting disconnects, try later...

Having said that, it's still a nice car... providing it stays reliable. Overall I would recommend it for a family car.

Not all Ioniq 5s are born equal 🤣

Very nice car, but it has some pretty big drawbacks....

Manual seats being one of them...

To get 3.4s to 60 you have to fiddle around with a load of race mode options
The current M3P will do 3.1 just stomping on the pedal...

Old key fob...

Blue link app is awful

Bad infotainment

Lack of ota updates

If you can live with all that it's a nice car with some great features.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
I just swapped a MYP for a Long Range Model X. This is the first time in 25 years of owning cars that my next car was the same maker as the previous one. Never happened before, as I always like to try new things.

I also own the Ioniq 5 (2023 SEL). Technically my wife's car, but, in my name, and I drive it when we drive together. So I am pretty familiar. I don't want to be a jerk and put it down for you now that you have made your mind (congrats on the new car), but I have a feeling you will miss your Tesla.

I just swapped a MYP for a Long Range Model X. This is the first time in 25 years of owning cars that my next car was the same maker as the previous one. Never happened before, as I always like to try new things.

I also own the Ioniq 5 (2023 SEL). Technically my wife's car, but, in my name, and I drive it when we drive together. So I am pretty familiar. I don't want to be a jerk and put it down for you now that you have made your mind (congrats on the new car), but I have a feeling you will miss your Tesla.
Serous question on the IONIQ5. Can you update the charge limits on the app? I can't update it on the app for my 2020 Kona EV and that's something that I don't like.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Ionic 5? I know it’s not a Tesla, but I fancy a change. Slightly fewer software updates. Max charge rate is good. Battery size is good. I like the look. Price is good. I’m not doing the miles anymore (but SuC now open).

Not overly worried about key security- I don’t live in London or Birmingham (no offence intended). Car’s insured.

It’s not like I have to live with it for the rest of my life and I’m sure the grass isn’t always greener but I’m going to find out how the rest of the EV world survives. Might be back in 3 years. Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.