Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zextraterrestials S (tory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks as if your SOC reporting changed around cycle 1100 or so, did that coincide with a software update? I just wonder if it's an actual loss or just the change in the way Tesla calculates it.

It looks like v 5.0 dropped my 90% from 232 to 225mi and v5.6 from 225 to 218mi. from there it looks like ~212 in v5.8

Last full charge was near Halloween @ 248 miles (90% 218)

...end of Jan 246mi after a couple of 100% charges

Last edited:
Snowww ;>

:biggrin:
Well, I was trying to go to the PDX cars and Coffee in Newberg this last weekend but I think it was cancelled after I left?
Probably a good thing because people seem to suck at driving in snow up that way?!?! So many cars were randomly abandoned on I-5 and many sideways in the median/shoulder. People just don't get it or what? Icy, slow down some...
I don't think I ever needed chains and the S was doing fine even while sledding on the ground getting to Springfield SC. I ended up standing on I-5 between midnight and almost 2am wondering why we weren't moving and since I bought a set of chains I figured I'd put them on since I had nothing better to do (+ the bottle of Chivas 18yo that I was bringing my buddy (from CA Costco) was staring at me from the passenger seat :eek: come on...just open me )

I left Arcata shortly after 3pm, just after work and would have made it to Salem @ 11 with 1 hour charge in Grants Pass + 1/2 hour charge in Springfield.
Springfield 9pm Friday
IMG_1110.JPG

from here it took 4 hours to go the last 70 miles
and this is what Salem was like Saturday morning. Deep
IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

Ended up going sledding in the park instead of driving up to Newberg on Saturday

Skiing at Bachelor was pretty Epic! 2 days of beating my body into submission and now I'm ready for just about anything. Crazy how fast you can get in shape when you ski until you cant stand anymore. The second day hurts like a mofo but after a few hours the pain is all magically gone and I could keep skiing for ever

Medford Spring Enduro 2014

Super fun Kart track!

here is a (couple of) practice lap from Friday (updated and longer..

I ended up wining FS by >5 seconds (over the 2013 M3)
4:49 for 5 laps. record is a 4:43, I think I can get it next time! just need a new tire setup

On saturday in practice I was running high 58s laps and then I went off the track after the uphill straightaway. hit my brake point too late and, well, the S is HEAVY! .... off into some grassy/muddy but not too deep to pull the car back onto the track, phew! of course dash video of that is corrupt.damn!

OFFROAD1.jpg
OFFROAD2.jpg
OFFROAD3.jpg

results:
I was 23/72 points wise and 42/72 overall time - not bad for the largest 4 door sedan out there + only car over 4K lbs

12th Annual Spring Enduro - Siskiyou Sports Car Club

+ i got to meet Randy Grubb - crazy awesome artist (made Jay Leno's Tank car etc...WTF!!!)
http://www.randygrubb.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth Day 2014

I showed my car at lunchtime on earthday along with the New Electric cars that Caltrans has recently acquired. Then yesterday I was called by a local Natural foods store to see if I would be interested in showing my car at their Earth Day celebration day, today. I had nothing specific going on so I attended. The store was filled with tons of samples all throughout the store(excellent stuff i might add, local grassfed sliders, chicke wings, chocolates and tapenades, chashew based gelato, yummy yummy yummy, and music) so for 4 hours i had my car parked in the main entrance to the store next to a Focus electric. they even gave me a $100 gift certificate + said lunch and all the coffee I wanted but I grabbed a Mate and had a few samples. Pretty great grocery store party, actually. good place. good stuff.
photo (2).JPG

kids & the local Germans love the car. One guy said there should be more room in the frunk since it is all electric, I was confused, you do need some crash worthiness. 1/2 or more of the people assume it is a dealer's car, understandable.

Street legal drags 5-17

Getting beaten in a drag race by an EVO. Finally broke 12.5s in Eureka w/ the all season set. (12.469 twice) he ran a 12.2
It must be fun to race against the S. the EVO was just pulling up to my tail and dropping off at every shift until the middle of 4th gear...

That looks ridiculously fun, despite the outcome!
I knew he would probably beat me. he said he ran a 12.2s and hoped to get it lower. Totally excited by the tesla, he bought me a timeslip so I'd race him instead of the Mustang that I was lined up with (which I would have slaughtered)

I won my other couple of races against one of the kids that autocrosses a 'Mk3 supra swap 2jz' whatever that means exactly ;>
he hopes to run in the 11's but wasn't shifting as quick as this guy in the EVO, at least by the sound of it. The Supra sounds friggin crazy when it hits the power band, just opens up viciously

crazy how consistent the S is. ran back to back 12:469 #'s were almost exactly the same all through the run 60' - 2.000 vs 2.003s ; 660' - 8.021s @ 89.33mph and final speed was 109.00 vs 109.12 mph. Pretty cool
need some northwards wind someday and the car should drop under 12s, unfortunately it usually comes down the coast or from the ocean as a crosswind

different view

Longest roadtrip yet- Drove from Humboldt to Las Vegas.
waaaay better Whr/mi on a trip going over 75mph on flatish land in the heat. Crazy. hit the supercharger the day after we arrived and have been driving around a bit for 4 days and still have 25% charge. Roads are really slippery out here with my all seasons. makes it kinda fun, but my wife hates it. I can spin at 60 mph here and drift onto freeway ramps! DON'T come to Vegas on Memorial Day weekend if you don't like insanity!!! we only came on Sunday night but it was crazy. Mayweather (boxer) knocked out T.I. (the (bad)rapper) in the Fat Burger Bar right next to our place. lots of cuffed people and lots of T and A + sloopppy drunk people. wow. jewelery shows start tomorrow. Couture should be neat. crazy qualifications to get into the show even. some yummy stuff there. jingle, jingle, coins in pocket and that's all. maybe I should play some blackjack someday and try my lucky luck
4 days and not a dollar spent gambling yet...weird, hmm

/chuckle at "Parking mode disabled"

I almost don't hear that on mine anymore...except when I make a phone call. Heh.

I have the volume turned low on the voice but the mic is so crazy in the backvue (good when parked). I need to change the settings so it gets out of parking mode faster. it doesn't get the accelerometer data or speed until it is out of parking mode.

Autocross, drag races .... you're really working that car!

Autocross / Real Races! workin' it :tongue:

Refuel autocross

Time trial run
1:56.985s 5th place :> (think I could have been 2nd)

speed in blue (not quite accurate/quick enough refrech)
green F/R accel - Blue L/R accel
check out the drastic difference in accel between the 1st 1/4 mile run through start vs last through the finish. ouch
laguna.jpg

Session 2 Point-by-passing laps (turns 5-10)