Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtube losers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the sensitivity to Tesla owners/reviewers pointing out quality control issues with their autos. At the moment I have a 2019 Bolt Premier (for use on Cape Cod), which has had no QC issues that I have detected (6,600 miles on the car now). I waited for several years until buying the Bolt, in order to let the manufacturer get bugs worked out.

We plan on purchasing our MY LR model come this Fall. Again, I'm hoping that Tesla will have time to catch their breath and take more pains in dealing with mostly annoying issues relating to manufacturing bloopers. I will be watching posts on this forum in order to get a sense as to whether the Fall timing purchase will be the correct one.

Tesla is a funny company. Their technology is, in a word, unique. I've watched the Munroe videos and am sold on the fundamental soundness of the Tesla designs. Once this company has a chance to mature a bit, and get serious about dealing with what are mostly minor quality control issues coming out of their factory, then they will be producing what will likely be the most superior personal transportation vehicles on the planet, regardless of cost.

Rich

Some of the stuff on the outside is fair especially that piece under by rear light and door getting stuck. But the inside criticism is suspect. If these are rented out, someone could have screwed up that seat. And the driver's side rubber lining simply needs to be pulled out from under the plastic piece.It happens on the model 3 as well, no big deal to fix. I see no issues with the carpet he was complaining about. I voted him down for trying too hard.

Idiots you may claim, but they do have a valid point. A vehicle that costs near $70k USD should not have problems like these.

Telsa does need to up their build quality because the majority of the time when somebody hears "Tesla" the first thing their mind goes to is crappy build quality.

Also, let's not start a brigade, else we'll be just as bad as shills.

it’s not a $70k car. It’s a sub $70k car with an expensive battery / drivetrain. That said Tesla does make too many shortcuts and rush things, especially at times. That said I wouldn’t get rid of mine, even with issues. Too much fun. Once other manufacturers catch up to what Tesla excels at then it might be another story, provided Tesla doesn’t eventually resolve their fit / finish / quality. But either way it’s going to be a while. Audi showed their version of FSD years ago, drive it from San Fran to Vegas, but it’s never been released to a consumer car in any form.

I don't understand the sensitivity to Tesla owners/reviewers pointing out quality control issues with their autos.

Agreed. I didn't see anything in that video that hasn't been mentioned somewhere in this forum. While I'm not a fan of click-bait videos (and there's a lot of Tesla-related click-bait on YouTube), the two brothers that run that channel personally own a Model 3, so I find them a little more credible than some of the others.

Speaking of click-bait, not sure why I even clicked on this thread. Shame on me.

I don't believe price should be the determining factor for price control. If I spend $10 on a meal I expect it to be as ordered. If I spend 2K on a new fridge I expect the doors to be level and it to work properly. If I buy any car new I expect it to be up to standards. Now I don't have OCD so if panels are off by 1 mm I may not even notice much less expect corrective action. I would expect visible paint defects to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.