Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Full Self-Driving (Supervised) Trial starts now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
I just got this email:

Your Full Self-Driving (Supervised) Trial starts now!​
You've been granted a 30-day complimentary trial of Full Self-Driving (Supervised) for your Model Y ending in XXXXXX.

Under your supervision, Full Self-Driving (Supervised) can drive your Tesla almost anywhere. It will make lane changes, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. You and anyone you authorize must use additional caution and remain attentive. It does not make your vehicle autonomous. Do not become complacent.

This trial will end on April 30, 2024.

Not sure I really want to though

I mean I work in IT ... and even my stuff goes bad from time to time :oops:

Reactions: bobbyjae
Tried FSD with a Tesla loaner several months ago and HATED it; stopped using it after only a couple miles. Latest version is much better. The only I don’t like (so far) is that it gets too close (IMO) to cars and curbs on the passenger’s side.

Much better than v11 was during my post-purchase trial in Q4 2023, but still not worth close to $12k.

I found v11 did 80% of the driving well, and the rest was downright terrifying. Every time I left my house, it blew through a yield sign in my neighborhood. Rotaries? Yeah, right. I haven't tried either of those cases yet on v12.

X2.

I tried the AutoPark a few times - Seems to work OK. I can do it quicker, and straighter.

FSD? No thanks. Never tried it and no plans to change that.
Autopark does an OK job when backing in. Could go another 6-12 inches. Parallel parking is pretty bad. Not straight and too far from the curb. Would get a ticket in my town for >12 inches from the curb.

I don't have FSD but I was using autosteer the other day and the car did something terrifying. I was in the #1 lane (leftmost), and after crossing an intersection, the car attempted to move to the #2 lane. It did not understand the lane markers and didn't understand which lane was which. Luckily I had my hand on the steering wheel and immediately took corrective action, because there was already a car in the #2 lane