Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your fly is open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is a p85d feature for now, my autopilot car does not have this. (November build)

It's a D feature. The 85D has it as well. Tesla said as much in the D announcement blog.

Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)

I would guess at some point all the cars will have it.

An electrically opening, self-closing charge port door first appeared on the dual motor Model S in December 2014.

The downside is that it takes a few seconds longer to open. It is cool though!! :cool::cool:

If you mean it takes longer to open if you're waiting the two seconds that you're holding the fob button when opening it that way, I guess that's a valid point. But you don't have to use the fob button to open the charge port door, and opening it the other ways it's not any slower than it used to be, as far as I know. (If it is slower, it would be milliseconds slower, not seconds slower, as it certainly opens fully in about a second or less.)

The point of this post is to say that essentially the new chargeport door isn't slower than the old one, and except for the potential for failure, I don't see any downside to it at all.