Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy another EV?

My next car will most likely be...

• ... non-Tesla EV

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • ... a Tesla

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • ...a hybrid, or PHEV

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • ... an ICE engine

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a Taycan next. Either way don’t plan to buy another Tesla while Musk is CEO

Tell me about it.. I'll also never buy a Ford while Jim Farley is CEO
Completely agree about some CEOs. Hard to take GM serious with all of Mary Barra's hopes and dreams without seeing positive EV results. They were the first. Why do they keep killing off any positive production?

2017 was when we purchased our first Model S. It was just a RWD 75.

2018 MX. Sprung for the 100. Sold the S to help purchase the X. Really miss the MS. Life was a little different 7 years ago but the MS was a dream to own and drive.

2020 MY. Really felt like I stepped up our game. Wife loves the X much more then the Y. Fun to drive and checks many boxes.

What does the future hold? I still miss our first Model S. Making plans to purchase the MS plaid within a year or two.

This is a really good poll. I doubt you’ll find much support for ICE here (unless it’s specifically to meet a certain need like heavy towing, or a two seater sports car or similar)..

I’d like another 3 - maybe a M3P this time - but if I had to swap, I’d choose something with more utility, like the VW ID Buzz.

Disclaimer; I’ve been driving the Buzz for a week and love it!

I would love for the OEMs to catch up and field competitive EVs that make a profit.

Owning a Tesla, I now see how well Tesla has executed. It's impressive. I do hope to have more choice on my next EV although it's possible I could still end up with another Tesla.

Reactions: CleanDemon
We want all EV brands to win. It’s EVs vs Hybrids (a joke) and ICE vehicles.
The earth is burning,non EV people should focus on the total EV benefits: good for the environment, simpler to operate and maintain, govt tax credits, right thing to do, feels right, etc.
My housing development in NY metro has approx 100 houses and four EVs of which I own two. The entire neighborhood knows about and sees our EVs but watches. I guess we were the early adopters. With all of these benefits, what is running through my approx 400 neighbor’s minds and the approx 200 non EVs thst they own. A lot of these vehicles are work from home.
The lack of action is terrible.

Rivalry, manifesting in hate shows insecurity
I respect the Rivian’s architect, engineer founder
But
Hate by Rivian and or Iits forum shows how insecure they feel
Having to over prove their achivents, designs efficiencies are part of it
But Rivian is achkeveimg and makes solid EVs
Feel confident please, don’t hate

Tesla and it’s forum are not insecure, we don’t hate

All EV stakeholders need to embrace and help each other for this move to succeed
hate should be directed toward hybrids and ICE vehicles for they are miss guided

Go EVs!!

Reactions: gt2690b
A year or two ago would have said PHEV, but after Walnart said they would build their own network, my wife read it as a positive signal and said we could wait and keep our Gen 1 Volt and see what happens over the next couple of years.

And now we get a shift to NACS and access to V3+ Superchargers (which includes 1 not far from me already, and more coming soon in my region), more CCS chargers open, and more chargers coming in the next 12 to 18 months.

A 2nd BEV looks much better now than even just 12 months ago.

Just want something compact, with good fast charging, and dumb cruise fallback. (ACC-only sensor dependency isn't worth it for me. EV dumb cruise is sooo much better than ICEV or HEV dumb cruise). Can GM make the Equinox or a Boltium deliver decent fast charging?)

I’m not surprised by that.
Whys that
A year or two ago would have said PHEV, but after Walnart said they would build their own network, my wife read it as a positive signal and said we could wait and keep our Gen 1 Volt and see what happens over the next couple of years.

And now we get a shift to NACS and access to V3+ Superchargers (which includes 1 not far from me already, and more coming soon in my region), more CCS chargers open, and more chargers coming in the next 12 to 18 months.

A 2nd BEV looks much better now than even just 12 months ago.

Just want something compact, with good fast charging, and dumb cruise fallback. (ACC-only sensor dependency isn't worth it for me. EV dumb cruise is sooo much better than ICEV or HEV dumb cruise). Can GM make the Equinox or a Boltium deliver decent fast charging?)
The bolt looks like a great deal to me I'd get one if I needed another car

We’re on our 4th HEV. My next car will be the MYLR “Juniper” - unless I cave and buy before then. There is no way I’d buy another brand EV yet while legacy automakers are learning how to build EVs. Some are closer than others but none match Tesla design and tech yet. I am sure those that survive (legacy and other startups) will manufacture competitive EVs, but that’s at least a few years away IMO. Other brands still have an (away from home) charging network disadvantage as well that stops me from buying, but that won’t last forever. Hopefully Tesla will reach parity with legacy auto on build quality before they learn how to design and build really good EVs…

Last edited: