Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy another EV?

My next car will most likely be...

• ... non-Tesla EV

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • ... a Tesla

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • ...a hybrid, or PHEV

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • ... an ICE engine

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a lot to unpack/eliminate excuses:
-Vehicle cost - waiting for a cheap SUV, doesn't get any cheaper than now MY AWD/Texas standard range $47K less $7500 less state ~$2K $37.5K or lower in oregon/cali
so cost cannot be a factor, my 2012 Toyota Highlander cost me $40K 11 years ago
-Charging, I hit public charging once or twice a quarter, not sure why so much focus by the majority perspective vehicle buyers on public charging, 99.99% of charging is done at home and this is a no issue, works amazing, wake up daily to a full "tank"
-Volvo/Chinese- I just attended the NY metro Electrify Expo where Volvo was telling us their series XC vehicles are fully electric/fraudsters to drum up interest, but hope Volvo is listening, I had two of my 20 year old's with me and they have no interest in the Volvo XE (full electric) look, DOA, keep up the lies, do realize Volvo is a Chinese company, along with Polestar, whom will be a major threat to the USA auto manuf economy if we don't protect ourselves, don't cozy up with the enemy
-Hate, hate is for losers, Tesla members, do NOT go on other forums and start/spread hate, crazy, this is an EV movement, we need everyone
-Hybrids, please do not buy hybrids in 2023/2024, these are fraud mobiles and make no sense, maybe in 2003 (20 years ago) until the M3 arrived, they made sense, but now they make no sense, buying PHEVs you still emit carbon/tailpipe, no hybrid owners plug in/fraud, and you are redirecting lithium away from BEVs where its needed, please stop

Reactions: gt2690b
a lot to unpack/eliminate excuses:
-Vehicle cost - waiting for a cheap SUV, doesn't get any cheaper than now MY AWD/Texas standard range $47K less $7500 less state ~$2K $37.5K or lower in oregon/cali
so cost cannot be a factor, my 2012 Toyota Highlander cost me $40K 11 years ago
-Charging, I hit public charging once or twice a quarter, not sure why so much focus by the majority perspective vehicle buyers on public charging, 99.99% of charging is done at home and this is a no issue, works amazing, wake up daily to a full "tank"
-Volvo/Chinese- I just attended the NY metro Electrify Expo where Volvo was telling us their series XC vehicles are fully electric/fraudsters to drum up interest, but hope Volvo is listening, I had two of my 20 year old's with me and they have no interest in the Volvo XE (full electric) look, DOA, keep up the lies, do realize Volvo is a Chinese company, along with Polestar, whom will be a major threat to the USA auto manuf economy if we don't protect ourselves, don't cozy up with the enemy
-Hate, hate is for losers, Tesla members, do NOT go on other forums and start/spread hate, crazy, this is an EV movement, we need everyone
-Hybrids, please do not buy hybrids in 2023/2024, these are fraud mobiles and make no sense, maybe in 2003 (20 years ago) until the M3 arrived, they made sense, but now they make no sense, buying PHEVs you still emit carbon/tailpipe, no hybrid owners plug in/fraud, and you are redirecting lithium away from BEVs where its needed, please stop
I'd say we need better solutions for people in apartments and condos

Also don't see a great solution for towing other than hybrids at the moment.. the hydrid f150 is a towing machine

Reactions: E90alex
Like the debate guys, in this together and only we are fairly certain, no one person is 100% right

More unpacking:

First home ownership is at 67%/focus on home charging but
Yes, condos and apts can have local L2 and use public L3, landlords must be put in L2s

Towing, think we are on the cusp of 400-500 mile pickups, but consider satisfying the 400-500 mile diesel PU will take years/an outlier until we have EV equivalency

Volvo XC anything is a hybrid aka Prius, they actually promote no need to plug in, crazy

Fisker, rooting for them, not sure if Magna/manufacturing can deliver
They will price the Fisker, take the deposit, but can they deliver, way different
They are saying Fisker Ocean $37.5K
But nothing binding
We will see

I think the real problem with any non-OEM or Tesla EV is that they don't have the infrastructure, when Tesla first showed they were the only real game in town. That made it worth it for some well off people to consider them if they saw the utility in owning an EV. In 2018 when I got mine I figured it would be like my 2007 electric motorcycle, company can go outta business but it'd still be worth owning with almost no maintenance and ability to charge at home.

Now they contrast with Tesla that has a real charging network and a service center every few hours across the country. Rivian has the most resources but unless some OEMs start servicing these new EV manufacturer's cars it's gonna be difficult to see the value proposition of a Lucid or Canoo or Faraday Future.

Fisker might be doin the right thing, like Chevy, bring a cheap car to market at a loss to get your value known and then pull marketshare from someone who doesn't deserve it (like Chevy) until you can make a profit. It's possible that one or two of the OEMs will in their last dying action throw some money your way to change your name to theirs...

I went from ICE to HEV to PHEV to EV. My second car always lagged a step behind, but it caught up. I'm at 2 EVs right now ( both tesla). I'm not against other companies, I have very little brand loyalty, it's just that Tesla seems to be doing things right, right now. My next car may or may not be a Tesla, but for now I have 2