Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just added my reservation, S #695, to the map. I'm surprised I do not see more reservation markers in Santa Monica, CA, where I live, especially since we seem to be the Prius (what I now drive)/Leaf/Volt/Karma capitol of the world. They are everywhere and all the public chargers - of which there are many - are constantly in use.

I tried to add my reservation to the map. No errors, but no marker. ;-( I tried it again, this time using the "click on the map to place your marker"; clicking put a star there, then I changed the color and clicked "Submit" and . . . no marker. Sorry, I must be an idiot. Anyway, P8061 in Silver Spring, MD (near Kemp Mill). If the map "owner" (thread originator, I believe) feels like adding me, that's groovy.

I tried to add my reservation to the map. No errors, but no marker. ;-( I tried it again, this time using the "click on the map to place your marker"; clicking put a star there, then I changed the color and clicked "Submit" and . . . no marker. Sorry, I must be an idiot. Anyway, P8061 in Silver Spring, MD (near Kemp Mill). If the map "owner" (thread originator, I believe) feels like adding me, that's groovy.

good to see another metro DC area person - and grats!

Hi, kendallbp -- not sure what went wrong, but I've added a marker for you. Welcome! I can't PM you for some reason; if you want to tinker with the location of your marker, please PM me and I'll send you the link that will allow you access.

Thanks, Robert! I've changed my PM settings (I tend to restrict or disable that kinda stuff, sorry) and will send you a PM in a few. No biggie (and I guess I don't want the pin too precise), but I wouldn't mind tweaking it a bit.

I guess that the locations map is coming along nicely. It'd be pretty cool to be able to do a road trip from california to New York only on electricity. Now what would be sweet is Texas or Florida to Alaska.

Robert.Boston: Sorry to trouble you. My marker is locked. As the creator of the program can you either unlock my marker or move it to my location? I added a marker for a friend who made a reservation (#P7818) and now the maps program apparently thinks that is me. It will not let me go back and edit my own marker for which I did not include my location when I originally added it. I am #P2993 and my location is Pupukea, HI on the North Shore of Oahu. Currently my marker shows generic Hawaii without a city. Mahalo.

You can do CA to NY pretty easily, but you'll be relying on RV parks out west.

Actually, you'll have trouble immediately west of NY in the winter. The RV parks are closed in the winter, there are no existing "official" charge sites better than level 1 east of Detroit and west of NYC, and it looks like there are very few reservation holders east of Cleveland and west of the Northeast Corridor; you'd be dependent on the guy in Oil City, PA. It may be difficult to get from Cleveland to South Bend, too. If you divert all the way through Atlanta you can do it.

But anyway I think Tesla really needs to build out superchargers on the NY-Chicago routes, and the reservation map is confirming my belief that Erie, PA and Toledo are important early locations, along with somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania.

I encourage people who have reservations to check out the map in the "Where should Tesla put Superchargers?" thread. Particularly people in upstate and metro New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Southern Ontario; I want to see how much people's desires overlap mine.

Suggested Supercharger Locations

Interesting that you posted this. This past weekend we drove from Westchester County to Potsdam. It was ~ 310 miles. Would not have made it even with the 300-mile pack. 2 adults, 2 children and "stuff" would have resulted in ~ 250 or less "real" miles.

Robert.Boston: Sorry to trouble you. My marker is locked. As the creator of the program can you either unlock my marker or move it to my location? I added a marker for a friend who made a reservation (#P7818) and now the maps program apparently thinks that is me. It will not let me go back and edit my own marker for which I did not include my location when I originally added it. I am #P2993 and my location is Pupukea, HI on the North Shore of Oahu. Currently my marker shows generic Hawaii without a city. Mahalo.
Fixed now -- at least to the neighborhood level!