Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wiper sensitivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know whether it is possible to adjust the sensitivity on the rain wipers - you know like you can do in most other cars? (!)

I am continually struggling with the wipers set to auto on damp, drizzly days - the auto wipers just dont respond well enough and it gets a little tiresome having to constantly press the button on the shifter, or constantly jump from auto to one of the manual settings on the touchscreen

Reactions: adsheff
Surely the manual wipe button could be used by the car software to measure the gap between driver request manual wipe presses and then use this to set the automatic wipe interval?
A quick double push to cancel. Repeat if things change.
I’m pretty sure this would be better than what’s happening now.

Surely the manual wipe button could be used by the car software to measure the gap between driver request manual wipe presses and then use this to set the automatic wipe interval?
A quick double push to cancel. Repeat if things change.
I’m pretty sure this would be better than what’s happening now.
Had a Tesla for long? Tesla don't waste time putting in practical workarounds for features which clearly aren't working when shiny new AI is going to fix it "soon". It would just be wasted effort!