Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you trade up to "D"?

Will you be trading in for "D"?

• No, I'm happy right now

Votes: 160 56.1%
  • Yes I'm placing my order for a 60D (near future)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I'm placing my order for a 85D (near future)

Votes: 22 7.7%
  • Yes I'm placing my order for a P85D (near future)

Votes: 40 14.0%
  • Maybe after they start delivering them (7+ months)

Votes: 52 18.2%
  • I'm trading up for autopilot now! (Near future)

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the Autonation trade-in value provided by my Tesla salesperson for my 6 month old car is simply not motivating enough for even an early adopter like me who's willing to pay what I would (subjectively) consider to be a fair amount of $ to get the latest and greatest, right out of the gate and all! The tax breaks are not immediately either so ultimately too much of a stretch to pull this trigger...unless having posted the current P85 for sale does Fitch the $100k in which case it might, just might be worth the stretch!

Well, with December delivery, the $7500 tax credit might as well be immediate, since taxes are right around the corner.

With the NJ sales tax exemption on ZEV's, that actually is immediate. Just no sales tax paid on it at all, unlike a credit.

I have an early model non-perf 85 (Jan 2013) with 19K mileage, and I'm upgrading to the P85D. Range isn't an issue for me; it's all about performance and the new hardware. I'm trading my car in to Tesla... the quote was pretty reasonable. I know there's a bit of a hit baked in to that number vs selling on the open market, but frankly, I'm happy to absorb that in order to avoid the hassle.

After much internal debate and hand-wringing, I decided it's wiser to stick with my P85. As much fun as the new D features would be, I figure it's better to keep the cash in the bank.

Besides, in two years I'll be able to order the new P110H (hovercar) model.

After much internal debate and hand-wringing, I decided it's wiser to stick with my P85. As much fun as the new D features would be, I figure it's better to keep the cash in the bank.

Besides, in two years I'll be able to order the new P110H (hovercar) model.

Wait, why not get both? :wink: