Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla do at capital raise in 2015?

Will Tesla raise capital in 2015

• Yes, by issuing stock

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Yes, by selling convertible debt

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interpreted the non-answer as a summary of what they just said.

They don't NEED a capital raise.

But they can deploy added capital efficiently and if terms of acquiring new capital are "compelling" then they will acquire new capital.

So they can't give a definitive NO.

Polls are still open. I predict that number will rise.

Let's just make a mental snapshot of what Jonathan said :) At the time of the annoucement only 10 out of 93 who had voted chose that option.

As the OP I can't close the poll, not that I care a lot either. We had some good discussion and it seems I was correct, but not in the way I envisioned it (I thought they'd set themselves up for a big beat in Q2 or Q3 and do the raise with the stock at an ATH).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Johan viewpost-right.png
Deepak speaking on Q2 call: No need for raise now, credit line largelgy unused, "we are comfortable with the cash levels". Elon: "There is not a need to raise capital, but there could be value as a risk reduction".

I guess it all comes down to what emphasis you place on the word "need". The fact that there is a small capital raise today doesn't invalidate Elon's or Deepak's statements in the above quote.