Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Discount Tire sell an extended warranty on an OEM tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m taking delivery of a MYP today with the 21” tires. I know they can be a bit fragile, especially with potholes. Has anyone tried to purchase a warranty from Discount Tire for the OEM tires that come with the vehicle? If so, can you share what they charge for it?

Discount Tire will gladly protect your factory tires with its Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement. Simply visit your favorite store location and inquire. They will do an initial inspection, and based on the size and model of tire, they will take a percentage of the retail to establish the cost of the Certificates.

Reactions: rfmurphy81
Discount Tire will gladly protect your factory tires with its Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement. Simply visit your favorite store location and inquire. They will do an initial inspection, and based on the size and model of tire, they will take a percentage of the retail to establish the cost of the Certificates.
This is awesome. I’m going to stop by soon to check this out. Had no idea.

Reactions: Discount Tire
I called DT and they quoted me $314.50 for coverage on the 4 MYP tires. It does not cover premature wear so it would only cover repair or replacement. Repairing a tire is usually either free or a small dollar amount so the real coverage here is if the tire is damaged beyond repair. The cost for coverage is just a bit less than the cost of one tire.

I’ve only owned my MYP for less than day so I don’t have much experience with it but I’ve seen a lot of posts on flat tires because of the thin sidewalls. So curious to hear what others think of paying $314.50 for this coverage.

Reactions: tradosaurus
I called DT and they quoted me $314.50 for coverage on the 4 MYP tires. It does not cover premature wear so it would only cover repair or replacement. Repairing a tire is usually either free or a small dollar amount so the real coverage here is if the tire is damaged beyond repair. The cost for coverage is just a bit less than the cost of one tire.

I’ve only owned my MYP for less than day so I don’t have much experience with it but I’ve seen a lot of posts on flat tires because of the thin sidewalls. So curious to hear what others think of paying $314.50 for this coverage.
I got my MYP OEM tires warrantied in Dec, but they charged me $243.

That sounds about right for warranting the performance tires. I generally don't get a new car tires warrantied from DT but wait until I buy new tires from DT and then get the warranty coverage.
Just remember the warranty won't do you any good if you don't have a spare and there is no DT close to you.