Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I am getting a Signature Tesla Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice Post MVB, with you brother! The wait is excruciating, but I’m still fired up for the same reasons.

Here’s what I tell my skeptical friends, along the same lines as your post:

This car seats 7, is faster than a Ferrari, is one of the safest vehicles ever built, drives itself on the highway, and runs on sunshine as its fuel*… At this point, anyone buying a high-end BMW or Mercedes is just being stubborn.

*Note: have a home solar system.

Reactions: Martin VanB
@Martin
Perhaps I missed it, but I don't see the "Why" explaining the "Signature" part.

"I am tired of compromise vehicles."

Clearly he's tired of waiting and wants it *NOW.* And by getting a Sig, he won't have to wait as long. And since he says he wants to hit the "Ludicrous" button, he's clearly OK with spending the money on a Sig P90DL vs. a regular 90D production model. Most of what he said also applies to a standard production Model X.

There are times, in my area anyway, that loaners are few and far between. I have had to wait a week to get even get my car looked at without a loaner. And with the OP having kids it's better to be safe than sorry.

With Tesla having a ton of CPO cars (most of which are loaners) this will most likely not be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

"Dude" good luck with that.

There's a big difference between being a wet blanket and being realistic.

Point of correction they do NOT use CPOs for loaners. II mentioned this prospect to my service guy once and he was very adamant that they don't and won't do that because they have to sink money into their CPOs to be able to put the warranty back on them and have a very rigorous certification process for this (he even indicated that some cars they buy back won't become CPOs because they can't pass these tests). So no... Sorry, you won't be finding yourself in a CPO loaner any time soon.

Point of correction they do NOT use CPOs for loaners. II mentioned this prospect to my service guy once and he was very adamant that they don't and won't do that because they have to sink money into their CPOs to be able to put the warranty back on them and have a very rigorous certification process for this (he even indicated that some cars they buy back won't become CPOs because they can't pass these tests). So no... Sorry, you won't be finding yourself in a CPO loaner any time soon.

You clearly have been given wrong info. MOST CPO cars are being used as service loaners. They are not just sitting on a lot waiting to be purchased. So maybe, but most are loaners. This is why people have to wait to get pics of cars before they buy because most of the time they are being used.

In fact I just texted a good friend who is a service manager an told him about the Tesla price drop and his response to me was "are you going to steal my loaner now". So no....sorry you are wrong.

Point of correction they do NOT use CPOs for loaners.
One of the loaners I've had was a P85+ with aftermarket items (like tint). I was pretty sure it was a CPO based on VIN, mileage, and aftermarket aspects. Perhaps policy changed at some point after that, but that's not my impression. I currently have a P85 loaner with 40k miles on it, and VIN in the 49xxx range with model year E (2014).

Very well then, maybe the guy I talked to was misinformed, or they are choosing not to use CPOs at my location?

As for high mileage / old vins, one of the loaners they have kept around at our service center is a pre-AP P85+ that they are just never going to sell. They have apparently got a few cars that they plan to keep around indefinitely to use as loaners. So just because it has high mileage doesn't mean it was a preowned. But like I said, I can concede on maybe them using CPOs for loaners since you both have clearly seen things that would indicate strongly toward it being a CPO.

Why I am getting a Signature Tesla Model X

I need a minivan for practical reasons, kids, family, moving stuff picking up their friends
I need an SUV for work due to driving safety and handling
I need space because my vehicle is a mobile office at times
I need built in technology to increase my efficiency
I need all wheel drive for winter safety
I need a car that does not cost me 800.00 a month in gas
I need all this utility in one vehicle
I need one car for all seasons
I need a car that is low maintenance
I don’t have time for oil changes where they try to upsell me to synthetic on my 8-year-old SUV
I only want to pay insurance on one car
I want a car that is fun to drive
For once in my life I want a cool looking car!
I want an innovative car, because that’s who I am
I want a car that gets better with age because that’s what I strive for
I want a car that’s more exhilarating to drive than anything out there
I want to do something good for the environment
I want the safest car available
I want to be able to say, “It’s in the frunk. Oh, you don’t know what that is? Let me show you?”
I want to be able to say, “Now I am going to touch the Ludicrous Button, are you ready?”
I want to do something for myself that may be considered an indulgence but when you look really deeply is probably the most practical car decision I ever made

I am tired of compromise vehicles.

Roomy often means poor fuel economy or bad handling
Quick often means room for one more person and a bag
Fuel-efficient often means small
Exotic often means impractical for all seasons (spring, winter and fall not appropriate for driving)
As a family man having two kids or more means pretty much every ICE vehicle is a compromise in one of these areas

Having weighed all the pros and cons, there is only one car for me.

The Tesla Model X

Model X is a cool looking car?? The front is the ugliest I've ever seen in my life. I wish they could change it to something like Model S.