Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do you like your Tesla?

Why do you like your Tesla?

• I share Tesla's mission of reducing green house gases emissions

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I like the way it drives

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • I like the quality of the vehicle

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I like the low maintenance and ownership cost

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • I like the convenience of plugging in at home and not having to pump gas

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • I like the technology

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • I like the minimalist design

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don't like my Tesla but would buy one again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like my Tesla and would never buy one again

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found that people here really like their Teslas. It's reminiscent of the way Apple users (myself included) love their product and stay loyal to them.
Of course, this is a somewhat bias population, which is expected. When I bought the first one, I thought it's just another car and frankly had a horrific experience. It was a lemon and I got rid of it six months later. Yet, I bought another Y and an X afterwards. I like them a lot.

I'm very curious why so many of you are so devoted to Tesla and like your cars despite the many complaints about build quality, reliability and other issues.

Please consider taking this poll. You may select as many answers as you wish. I sure have several reasons why I like them. Chime in below with any comments. I'm very interested in your comments!

Reactions: drdumont
The environmental argument are pretty silly considering the weight of the batteries and probably the long term disposal.

Love the technology and innovation and the way it drives. Long term reliability and value retention are still in the air.

That's an interesting point of view. However, research supports the argument that BEVs produce fewer greenhouse gasses over the lifetime of the vehicle. I suppose there are some "unknowns" at this point, but even battery disposal isn't an issue as they are recyclable. Electric vehicles are also far more efficient in converting potential energy. Plus, there is also the prospect of emerging technologies. It took the internal combustion engine nearly a 100 years to get to where it is today.

I appreciate your input and thanks for voting in the poll :)

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.25.52 PM.png

My Tesla is fine. I don’t love or hate it. It serves its purpose as a daily driver well. The reasons I like my Tesla are just general EV benefits, not because it’s a Tesla specifically.

There’s nothing that would keep me in a Tesla for my next vehicle other than the price. There’s actually more reasons I won’t go with a Tesla in the future (eg stalk removal).

LOVE my '23 MX, Yoke and all! ❤️ I checked the first 7 boxes. ( Had my last ICE, Oldsmobile Aurora, for 22 years.)
HATE my iPhone 14 pro. 🤮 I switched from Android a year ago when I picked up the Tesla. ( 25+ years and 6 different Motorola devices )
Tolerate the iPad. ;) Spend a fair amount of time with a Dell Desktop. 🥱
I was a Texas Instruments advocate back in the day. Couldn't STAND HP calculators. . . .TMI???

• Funny
Reactions: MikeChicago
My biggest Like is that electric cars contain a significantly superior drive train than gas cars. And it takes approximately 2 or 3 miles of driving (if not less) to prove this to you. Second biggest Like is along the greenhouse gas line. But so much more than that too. Gas cars emit an incredible amount and number of noxious gases that are so deleterious to health that it's impossible to sum it up in an online forum. Yes, EVs charged on a grid composed primarily of fossil fuels also create these same fumes. But way less than the internal combustion engine because generation stations are more efficient. And if you buy a gas car today that car is going to emitting those same fumes 10-15 years from now and beyond. As time goes by and and the grid consists of more and more renewables the emissions from the EV goes down even further.

The environmental argument are pretty silly considering the weight of the batteries and probably the long term disposal.

Love the technology and innovation and the way it drives. Long term reliability and value retention are still in the air.

One of the biggest battery recycling plants in the US is up and running​

Ascend Elements’ new recycling plant in Covington, Georgia is processing used lithium-ion batteries and manufacturing scrap into useful materials for the clean energy transition.

There are more plants being built. Search.

My biggest Like is that electric cars contain a significantly superior drive train than gas cars. And it takes approximately 2 or 3 miles of driving (if not less) to prove this to you. Second biggest Like is along the greenhouse gas line. But so much more than that too. Gas cars emit an incredible amount and number of noxious gases that are so deleterious to health that it's impossible to sum it up in an online forum. Yes, EVs charged on a grid composed primarily of fossil fuels also create these same fumes. But way less than the internal combustion engine because generation stations are more efficient. And if you buy a gas car today that car is going to emitting those same fumes 10-15 years from now and beyond. As time goes by and and the grid consists of more and more renewables the emissions from the EV goes down even further.

The inefficiencies of the internal combustion engine is staggering when you actually think about it. All that potential energy in petrol is expelled primarily as heat and only 16-20% of the energy is used to propel the vehicle. To add insult to injury - you have to expand further energy to cool the engine, so it remains operational. Plus, ICE produce peak power in a very narrow band and need to be spooled up or down to reach that power output (and thus need complex transmissions), whereas electric motors deliver instant and sustained torque. The more I think about it, the more I realize how antiquated petrol-based engines are, especially when you exclude the advantage they have given how well developed is their support infrastructure.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 11.31.54 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
Very interesting graph and the way it is broken down into the different parts. I have some doubts about the braking losses. I did years of data tracking on my Teslas. Regen braking gains back 6% on typical freeway driving with little traffic and 22% in city driving with lots of stop and go. This means in an ICE vehicle the braking losses must be at least that high.

• Informative
LOVE my '23 MX, Yoke and all! ❤️ I checked the first 7 boxes. ( Had my last ICE, Oldsmobile Aurora, for 22 years.)
HATE my iPhone 14 pro. 🤮 I switched from Android a year ago when I picked up the Tesla. ( 25+ years and 6 different Motorola devices )
Tolerate the iPad. ;) Spend a fair amount of time with a Dell Desktop. 🥱
I was a Texas Instruments advocate back in the day. Couldn't STAND HP calculators. . . .TMI???
We are pretty much of a mind, except for the yoke. Calculators? I remember trying to get my head around Reverse Polish Notation (BTW, that has nothing to do with the wonderful country of that name). Nowadays, for me, it's Dell computers, HP Printers, and Android all the way, natch! Before I retired, I maintained two TV stations, 5 Radio stations, 7 transmitter sites and a couple of news edit systems. Over 125 PC based servers in one room alone, no problem. But the Edit systems were Apple based, so I TURFED them all over to someone who could tolerate them. When asked, I tell Appleheads that I haven't had the sex change yet. For some reason this tends to annoy them...
I enjoy irritating non EV drivers when they spout all the FUDI to me, so I tell them what it costs me to drive my Model 3s (About .06/mile), and point them to the adventures of Rainman Ray's YouTube channel. He's a VERY talented auto repairman in Bradenton, FL. For example, watch today's doozy, all the tsouris he goes through for an otherwise simple repair -
. It gives me the double stepover counterrevolving clammydamps to watch what he goes through to repair gassers and hybrids. I laugh as I go through my maintenance routine - fill washer fluid, wash car, empty trash can and - gasp! - wipe the camera lenses with eyeglass cleaner wipes. Almost have to take to my bed after all that exhaustion.

Reactions: MitchMitch
The Supercharger Network + fast and reliable DC charging would've been another good choice in this poll.

Although that unique benefit to Tesla will be significantly diminished over the coming years as other OEMs adopt NACS and get access to significant portions of the Supercharger Network.

The Supercharger Network + fast and reliable DC charging would've been another good choice in this poll.

Although that unique benefit to Tesla will be significantly diminished over the coming years as other OEMs adopt NACS and get access to significant portions of the Supercharger Network.
The way I look at it, the more users of S/Cs, the more will be built. Here in the Dallas area, except for the S/C on 75 North, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes, and it is rare to encounter a full house.

The way I look at it, the more users of S/Cs, the more will be built. Here in the Dallas area, except for the S/C on 75 North, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes, and it is rare to encounter a full house.
Sure. My point was just that as other OEMs get access to the Supercharger Network, there will be less reason to specifically buy a Tesla over one of those other OEMs specifically for DC charging.

I found that people here really like their Teslas. It's reminiscent of the way Apple users (myself included) love their product and stay loyal to them.
Of course, this is a somewhat bias population, which is expected. When I bought the first one, I thought it's just another car and frankly had a horrific experience. It was a lemon and I got rid of it six months later. Yet, I bought another Y and an X afterwards. I like them a lot.

I'm very curious why so many of you are so devoted to Tesla and like your cars despite the many complaints about build quality, reliability and other issues.

Please consider taking this poll. You may select as many answers as you wish. I sure have several reasons why I like them. Chime in below with any comments. I'm very interested in your comments!
agree, its about the Tesla ecosystem and the desire for more as good for the earth and the integrations and evolution are profound, like we live in the apple ecosystem also

the vehicles, OTA evolution of the vehicles, the vehicle UI, the app, supercharging, 4680 generations, gigacasting, next gen vehicle, box manuf, this forum, the stock, the Tesla community, Tesla EV leadership, adjacencies of power wall, solar, VPP, master plan parts I, II, III, optimus, etc

agree, its about the Tesla ecosystem and the desire for more as good for the earth and the integrations and evolution are profound, like we live in the apple ecosystem also

the vehicles, OTA evolution of the vehicles, the vehicle UI, the app, supercharging, 4680 generations, gigacasting, next gen vehicle, box manuf, this forum, the stock, the Tesla community, Tesla EV leadership, adjacencies of power wall, solar, VPP, master plan parts I, II, III, optimus, etc

We're putting in solar as well, plus two Powerwalls. I agree, the ecosystem is definitely a plus!

I remember trying to get my head around Reverse Polish Notation (BTW, that has nothing to do with the wonderful country of that name).
Try telling that to Jan Łukasiewicz. Admittedly he invented what we would now call Prefix Polish Notation, and HP "reversed it" to RPN.
(Pronounced roughly as "wook-a-SHEY-vitch", which I guess is why most people call it "Polish". :) )