Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow... I thought that sort of thing had stopped. I was 25 days in production but I was with a larger group of Canadians that all started production mid-late November and we all seemed stuck in the black hole together. You're a bit of an outlier, having started production much later.

If it's any consolation, few of us have actually seen a car. There seems to be this big plug of vehicles that finished production sometime before Christmas, that were loaded into horse drawn covered wagons and are slowly making their way across the country. You may still see your car ahead of us.

I spoke to someone else at the office there just a few minutes ago. They *could* start moving today, but no one knows when they are coming until they actually cross the border, apparently. I believe Scott is out of the office today - which I imagine means nothing is coming in today.

Terapin, thank you.
I just wish they would at least enable smartphone app access for us to know where our cars are :) to make it up to us for all this crazy waiting!
I know it's wishful thinking though as they only enable it after delivery...

Well, stay strong everyone, it's only a couple days left!

I hope so Andrei. With it being the weekend I am thinking delivery is not likely until next week.

The lack of official word, and delivery schedules that can be trusted, has made this buying experience poor for me. Others around me who were interested in Teslas have been very spooked by the delivery chaos, seat issues, range issues, and very poor communication from Tesla.

The lack of official word, and delivery schedules that can be trusted, has made this buying experience poor for me.
I have to agree with that. The initial order process was a very good experience, but this ten daysof "they're in Detroit and they can't find a driver due to the storm...no they're in Chicago...now they're stuck in Detroit again" has been a fiasco. And now some people are starting to see significant delays beyond their expected order date.

I agree it is very frustrating that our cars are so close, but so far away...

I'd almost rather they still be stuck in Fremont than sitting in Chicago or Detroit like this...

As this is our 3rd Tesla purchase, one thing I can assure everyone is that the "sting" of this delay of getting our cars that last few hundred kilometers to us will melt away after a week or so of driving...we waited an extra two weeks with the Roadster, were on the Model S waiting list for almost three years...never really thought much about the wait after getting the cars...

I think after the initial "hump" of the P85D & 85D's have been delivered, the delivery cycle will shorten and timelines will be met / more accurate delivery information will be available

Let's face it...the bleeding edge is often a frustrating place to be no matter what the product is...

I hope so Andrei. With it being the weekend I am thinking delivery is not likely until next week.

The lack of official word, and delivery schedules that can be trusted, has made this buying experience poor for me. Others around me who were interested in Teslas have been very spooked by the delivery chaos, seat issues, range issues, and very poor communication from Tesla.

I agree it is very frustrating that our cars are so close, but so far away...

I'd almost rather they still be stuck in Fremont than sitting in Chicago or Detroit like this...

As this is our 3rd Tesla purchase, one thing I can assure everyone is that the "sting" of this delay of getting our cars that last few hundred kilometers to us will melt away after a week or so of driving...we waited an extra two weeks with the Roadster, were on the Model S waiting list for almost three years...never really thought much about the wait after getting the cars...

I think after the initial "hump" of the P85D & 85D's have been delivered, the delivery cycle will shorten and timelines will be met / more accurate delivery information will be available

Let's face it...the bleeding edge is often a frustrating place to be no matter what the product is...
+1!

I really hope I can get it this weekend, or else it will be really hard for me to go get the car since I am not around GTA. I actually need to plan with my friends around the area to drive me around since I am not trading in my old car. But at this point, I don't even know and I have work to do during the weekdays too. Wish we could just go to the boarder and drive the car to the SC haha

I hear you...my daughter is a little anxious for my wife's car to be delivered by this weekend...elsewise, she returns to the U of Guelph sans her ride (as Mom is using her Mini Cooper)...

Howzat saying go..."Hell hath no fury like..." :wink:

Hey, I'm up fer a border run...I hear Detroit is beautiful this time 'o year...:biggrin: ...never thought I'd be sayin' that...

I really hope I can get it this weekend, or else it will be really hard for me to go get the car since I am not around GTA. I actually need to plan with my friends around the area to drive me around since I am not trading in my old car. But at this point, I don't even know and I have work to do during the weekdays too. Wish we could just go to the boarder and drive the car to the SC haha

Just got a curious message from Scott. It was curious because it was a text-to-voice to my home number (and I haven't reached out to him since earlier in the week). It simply said, "The car is scheduled to cross the border today. People were off the first". I don't know if it was meant for me as it was texted to my home number which is odd (we've used cell in the past), it was a kind of curt message for the beginning of an exchange, and it was actually scheduled for the 1st when I was in on the 30th. But that's ok! I'm taking it as a positive sign! Perhaps the cars are crossing today. That would be sweet. Tomorrow would be a good day for me to pick up the car.

He probably thought he was texting your cell and not your home number.

Just got a curious message from Scott. It was curious because it was a text-to-voice to my home number (and I haven't reached out to him since earlier in the week). It simply said, "The car is scheduled to cross the border today. People were off the first". I don't know if it was meant for me as it was texted to my home number which is odd (we've used cell in the past), it was a kind of curt message for the beginning of an exchange, and it was actually scheduled for the 1st when I was in on the 30th. But that's ok! I'm taking it as a positive sign! Perhaps the cars are crossing today. That would be sweet. Tomorrow would be a good day for me to pick up the car.

Yeah probably didn't realize it was your house number he was texting to.
Lets see how it goes today...

And a heartfelt thank you to the veteran owners who remind us that all this will pass once the cars actually get here :)