Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has gone into production since the line resumed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@shelbri I'm on the east coast too w/an estimated delivery of September 12th, so we'll probably end up having similar delivery stories. Fingers crossed for both of us!

@bonnie Thanks, good to hear! My wait is approaching 3 months at this point and the remaining month or so is dragging. I'll be very happy when I transition from Tesla-hopeful to Telsa-owner! I know that's nothing compared to signature customers (or those poor people in Austrailia) but it feels so...very....long right now.

:biggrin:

...private tour???

No, I wish! I was over in Fremont getting a bump charge on my Roadster so I could easily make it to Monterey today -- and cars coming out of production were being moved over into the service area, for final detailing and any small issue resolution. Was fun to watch. Full crew there, no service going on, just factory finishing work.

No, I wish! I was over in Fremont getting a bump charge on my Roadster so I could easily make it to Monterey today -- and cars coming out of production were being moved over into the service area, for final detailing and any small issue resolution. Was fun to watch. Full crew there, no service going on, just factory finishing work.

So they are still working Saturdays?

VIN 50012, confirmed 5/24 with a delivery date listed of Sept 4 (coming up fast). I'm still showing "sourcing parts," though. At this point I suspect my actual delivery will be pushed back a week or so.

I don't know what is causing the delay, but production is definitely behind schedule. My original delivery date was tomorrow, but that was cancelled 2 days ago. A new delivery date has not been assigned and the car is not yet in production (VIN 48601). I hope they get things back on track soon for all of us who are patiently or impatiently waiting on this amazing car.

I don't know what is causing the delay, but production is definitely behind schedule. My original delivery date was tomorrow, but that was cancelled 2 days ago. A new delivery date has not been assigned and the car is not yet in production (VIN 48601). I hope they get things back on track soon for all of us who are patiently or impatiently waiting on this amazing car.

Yeah, my DS told me pretty unequivocally that they were about 1-1.5 weeks behind since starting the lines back up again. He actually said he didn't think it would affect my delivery because they're slowly catching up, but I find that hard to believe at this point.

Yeah, my DS told me pretty unequivocally that they were about 1-1.5 weeks behind since starting the lines back up again. He actually said he didn't think it would affect my delivery because they're slowly catching up, but I find that hard to believe at this point.

I should clarify: I don't doubt that they're catching up--I just doubt that my car will actually be delivered by Sept 4 (or that week at all).

I just received via FedEx, documents to sign and return and a Temp. Vehicle Registration. Estimated delivery date 9/7 in Scottsdale, AZ. However, dashboard has not updated. I would expect to see a production date sometime next week on my dashboard.

No helpful info from DS after a few calls. They must have a much tougher job these days with the recent delays (presumably due to factory difficulties). Is Tesla offering any "goodies" for these delays? At least I see that I'm not the only one with a delay.

There were no goodies for the delays associated with the first production line start up.