Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's bareyb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice setup bareyb! Hope you are still enjoying the ride. My new delivery date is Sat morning.
Woo-hoo (again). You must be beside yourself. You are going to be SO happy. It really does get more enjoyable the more you drive it. I'm really getting the feel for mine and I can park in the garage like a Pro now. I will look forward to hearing all about yours and of course, seeing some pics. If you take too long I will start a thread looking for you. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. Like the way you laid that out.

I almost had a heart attack today during my installation when the UMC connector slipped out of my hand and landed with a good deal of force on the rear deck of my car. :scared: Didn't dent, didn't scratch. No sign of it at all (thank god). So while beautiful, the paint seems to be pretty durable as well.

Hey, you're drawing ever closer to your delivery date too. You're going to love that MC Red when you see it in your own garage. The paint jobs on these are beyond beautiful. That's gonna be one hell of a nice Christmas present! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Very nicely done :)

Thanks spaghetti. Fun project. My daughter made me the fancy Tesla Wall Plate. She gets it... :cool:

I almost had a heart attack today during my installation when the UMC connector slipped out of my hand and landed with a good deal of force on the rear deck of my car. :scared: Didn't dent, didn't scratch. No sign of it at all (thank god). So while beautiful, the paint seems to be pretty durable as well.

Hey, you're drawing ever closer to your delivery date too. You're going to love that MC Red when you see it in your own garage. The paint jobs on these are beyond beautiful. That's gonna be one hell of a nice Christmas present! ;)

Gah! That sounds like one of those times where everything slows down and you get the "Noooooooo!" as you reach for it but know you won't catch it. Glad to hear nothing happened to the car.

No kidding on the getting closer. I'm now past the 1/2 way point where I'm closer to delivery than I am to when I confirmed. Just gotta last 34 more days! :)

Gah! That sounds like one of those times where everything slows down and you get the "Noooooooo!" as you reach for it but know you won't catch it. Glad to hear nothing happened to the car.

No kidding on the getting closer. I'm now past the 1/2 way point where I'm closer to delivery than I am to when I confirmed. Just gotta last 34 more days! :)

Yep. It was exactly like that. Just couldn't believe it. And the sound it made when it hit. Ouch! My wife was standing right there when it happened and she just kept staring at me to see how I was going to react. I think we both lost a couple of years off our lives. :D

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Delivery was awesome, I am having such a blast! All anxiety from waiting for two months is washed away.

Only 2 minor issues at delivery, slight scratch in the clear coat that they will easily buff out and one of the rear window controls not working, works from the front control so probably a loose connector and an easy fix. Weather in Seattle was lousy but I hardly noticed I am having so much fun. Having trouble uploading pix.

Hey everyone! Delivery was awesome, I am having such a blast! All anxiety from waiting for two months is washed away.

Only 2 minor issues at delivery, slight scratch in the clear coat that they will easily buff out and one of the rear window controls not working, works from the front control so probably a loose connector and an easy fix. Weather in Seattle was lousy but I hardly noticed I am having so much fun. Having trouble uploading pix.

Woohoo! Great to hear from you AC! Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance. Please shoot us a link in here if you think about it. I don't want to miss this. :)

For those of you going through the anxiety of "the wait" hang in there. Its all paid back in the first hour as you put your car through its paces. Some more stats:

- Firmware 5.6
- No GPS issues
- Overcoming TC and chirping tires - achieved!
- Friend drive it - check!

- - - Updated - - -

At long last!
WP_20131102_001.jpg

WP_20131102_003.jpg

Safely parked off curb and away from others
WP_20131103_001.jpg

Overcoming the Traction Control. If TC were ideal you wouldn't chirp the tires much if at all. The TC system supposedly samples at 1KHz so traction should be lost for only a few thousandths of a second. But too much TC and you limit torque too much. I like the balance.

Overcoming the Traction Control. If TC were ideal you wouldn't chirp the tires much if at all. The TC system supposedly samples at 1KHz so traction should be lost for only a few thousandths of a second. But too much TC and you limit torque too much. I like the balance.

Ah of course! In that case I've overcome TC and chirped my tires too. I take it you are glad you got the "P"? Need I even ask? :D :D :D

I would say I have it pretty well setup. I got the mobile app working yesterday, they had to configure things at HQ. I've charged at public stations and work just to make sure all's well. I gave some rides at works and I drove my first home commute yesterday at peak traffic hours. I couldn't have cared less that traffic was slow going, I was just in my car with a grin on happy to be driving.

I LOVE THIS CAR!

I need to buy stock. This is going to change to world, as if we didn't know that already :)