Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's bareyb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was Day #2 Bareyb? Still smiling? How was the first charge? Are you getting a wrap for yours?

Day #2 was even better than Day #1. Day 1 I was still a little nervous with it, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable and the enjoyment is actually ramping up if that's possible. Spent some time setting up my Radio Stations, Slacker, and my HomeLink, and getting to know the car a little better. Discovered some features I hadn't previously known about that make it even cooler.

My son had some of his teammates from his Football Team over tonight for end of season Pizza and I drove three of them home afterwards. I indulged my son a little and gave them a quick 0 to 60 demo which went over quite well. Kind of funny to hear Football Players giggle. :D I am officially my son's hero for the rest of the day... Tesla. Bringing Families together one high speed run at a time... I'm having a ball. Best money I ever spent. :wink:

Congrats on the new car, and getting it named so soon.
Great to know you are using and experiencing your car.
P still sound like an awesome beast, my S is way quick enough for me.

Having hears so much about it, next year, I plan to swing by Fremont just to visit the plant and do the tour.

Ha! Right you are! I LOVE THIS THING!!!! I'm beside myself people. This is even better than I'd hoped. Not a single problem with the car so far. For those wondering, yes, it did come loaded with V.5.6. The acceleration on this is SCARY, I have yet to truly floor it as the rear end gets all Squirrely (FUN!).

Get your alignment checked. My rear end is solid as a rock when flooring it (except, uh, that one time I was on ice, but that's different of course).

Um, I will take it as a great sign that bareyb has dropped off. Having too much fun with his new TMS! I sure hope so as I pick mine up tomorrow!! Woohoo, man waiting was tough.

Woo HOO! Congrats! I know you've been waiting and looking forward to it just as much as I did. Once you get the car it's hard to stop driving it and looking at it. Believe me when I say the joy is just beginning. I've had it five days and I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. This car is absolutely beautiful. The more you look at it and interact with it, the more you start to see all the little touches and thoughtful design elements they included. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

My advice: Don't worry if you are a tiny bit nervous the first couple of days driving it. Give yourself some time. You will quickly adjust to the car and it becomes like a new friend in very short order. If you park in the garage, give yourself a little wider berth for a couple of days and don't worry about getting it "really close to the wall" or parking it perfectly. Better safe than sorry with a paint job as nice as this one. ;)

Already today, I was able to pull straight in and get myself close enough to the wall to allow my wife to easily park her Sienna next to me if she wants to. So it's already becoming easier to maneuver. I was coming off a ten year old Lexus GX SUV that didn't even have Blue Tooth. So it was sort of like going from the Stone Age to the Future in one jump. Can't believe all the Music Choices!!! I love it!!! I'm glad I got the upgraded sound system too, it's amazing. I actually had to crank the Bass DOWN a notch or two because it's so powerful. It's a wonderful environment to be in, that's for sure. Quiet and smooth best describes the experience. I'm very, very pleased and as I said, no regrets at all. I'm loving it more each day. You are in for treat my friend. Enjoy! :)

Found a photo I hadn't posted here yet. :)

TeslaRear.jpg

GORGEOUS. Love this shot. Awfully tight fit on that RHS. Be careful!

No kidding. The first couple of times I parked in there was pretty hairy with the parking sensors going nuts. I normally get a little closer than that, but I'm giving myself a little extra room for awhile. It's taking some time for the new muscle memory to develop again. I could whip my old SUV in there without a care in the World and I never hit the wall once. My wife on the other hand... hit the cabinet on the other side when her Sienna was three days old and I kind of threw a fit, so I have added incentive not to hit the wall on my side. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately I will get plenty of sleep tonight and for a few days. My DS called me end of day today to tell me the wrong car was sent. So my car is not here yet. New delivery estimate at end of week. :/
Ah man... Sorry to hear that AC. They told me mine was going to be delayed and it sure didn't feel good. It ended up being on time after all, but I know exactly how you feel. That's a bummer. I hope they get it to you sooner than later. :(