Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 MSP Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the odds Tesla will offer Track Package as optional factory-installed equipment at some point? Don't want to deal with post-delivery install at Service Center.

Also, if I order a non-inventory MSP today, is there any way to be guaranteed it's a 2024 MY?

Not expecting any changes for 2024 but hoping for a very German silver color option.

My vote is maybe 1% likely. I don't have the stats available to me, but Tesla builds cars the most cost-efficient way they can. So say of .5% of all Model S customers buy a Track Package, it will probably never happen. Plus, how many of those .5% actually buy the package within say a month of taking delivery of the car.

Reactions: aerodyne
I placed an MSP order on 23 Dec, and on 6 Jan myself and many other folks on here were asked to reconfigure to the MY24 specs. I’d say if you order now, you’ll be getting MY24 car. I have not received a VIN yet and have not accepted a Tesla offer on other cars, in different configurations, for an earlier delivery.

Silver is not going to be an option as of now. Of that is a deal breaker, I wouldn’t order a car until it is.

Good luck!

I placed an MSP order on 23 Dec, and on 6 Jan myself and many other folks on here were asked to reconfigure to the MY24 specs. I’d say if you order now, you’ll be getting MY24 car. I have not received a VIN yet and have not accepted a Tesla offer on other cars, in different configurations, for an earlier delivery.

Silver is not going to be an option as of now. Of that is a deal breaker, I wouldn’t order a car until it is.

Good luck!
Did you get any hints about what may be getting refreshed? Thanks. I am waiting to order mine, just want to make sure i get whatever is the latest.

Nothing more than what people have posted here. I’m hopeful that some of them make it to ‘24 cars, but none of them are show stoppers for what we need the car to do as it already is.

If you order now, you’ll definitely get a ‘24. Tesla will modify what’s delivered on cars throughout the model year depending on what suits the company best, supply chain, etc. I wouldn’t order until you know what the cars are currently delivering with if any of those features are deal breakers for you. A lot of people order, then cancel/delay due to that and that creates all these end-of-model year/VIN hijinks that we are seeing over FOMO.

Until Tesla makes it more painful for people to change their minds, this will continue as long as they continue to modify what is delivered throughout a model year. Fun game if you have the time and patience for it. Tesla certainly isn’t hurting for sales over this way of doing business….

Good luck in what ever you decide!

Last edited:
Reactions: dsm363
Thank you so much. Yes, I think while the LED lights and camera would not have been deal breakers, given how resale market may disproportionately price cars having these updates higher, it may just be worthwhile for me to wait a few days.

Reactions: empiredown

Good luck!

I ordered Jan 1. I was asked to reconfigure to the MY24 specs. Then I was assigned a '23 VIN with no discount on 1/13/24. Awesome. I tried to tell them I'm not accepting a '23 without a discount and they just closed my messages. I ignored them and my order was put on hold. It's going great over there.

I ordered Jan 1. I was asked to reconfigure to the MY24 specs. Then I was assigned a '23 VIN with no discount on 1/13/24. Awesome. I tried to tell them I'm not accepting a '23 without a discount and they just closed my messages. I ignored them and my order was put on hold. It's going great over there.
Sorry to hear. At this point, wouldn't it be better to cancel and wait to make sure you get a '24 VIN? Might also get new steering wheel, ambient lighting...etc

Well, this is already my second order. I thought ordering Jan 1 would be in the clear.

And last night they raised prices.... so damnit.
I guess it depends on if you want the new features (minor) or lower price. I wouldn't worry about the model year as much. I'd rather have the real center horn on my Dec 2023 than a 2024 without it but that's just me of course. Now (hopefully) I can retrofit it for I'm sure another $700.

But since 2024 is very important to you, maybe just cancel and wait until 2024 VINs are being delivered.

Has anyone in the USA received a new MSP in the last 3 weeks, and if so what changes have you seen on the cars? I ordered my MSP in mid-December in Florida and continue to get a “January/February” date.
No one has even been assigned a '24 VIN yet. The only change we're expecting is the mechanical horn in the airbag. Someone got a '24 model X and that was the only change.

Has anyone in the USA received a new MSP in the last 3 weeks, and if so what changes have you seen on the cars? I ordered my MSP in mid-December in Florida and continue to get a “January/February” date.

I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing updated. Per the Delivery thread (pinned) there are some other changes apparently coming besides the horn. No one on here has posted a VIN yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there, although nothing showing in any of the other website DBs yet either.