Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Time Tesla Owner - 2024 MYLR Ultra Red - Look Differences Between Pickup Day vs Ceramic Coating (With Pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC! First time Tesla and new EV owner here!

I recently pulled the trigger and bought myself a new toy... the 2024 MYLR in the new gorgeous Ultra Red color. I've never been a car person myself; always just caring about getting from point A to point B - so when my buddy saw that I purchased this new vehicle he immediately educated me about the paint issues Tesla is known for and offered to ceramic coat the new ride for $450. The product he used was CQUK 3.0, I honestly did not know what to expect; but I'm happy I let him do so. The car is buttery smooth to the touch vs factory coating, it is such a night and day difference.

Pickup day photos - stock, no ceramic coating:

Photos after ceramic coating:

Seriously? Your buddy charged you $450 to ceramic coat it with CQuartz UK3.0? Did he do a full paint correction? Are you sure he is your "buddy"? You could buy the Cquartz UK3.0 for $60 online. I used it for a few years until I switched to Adam's graphene ceramic coating. The CQUK3.0 is a very forgiving coating for DIY user. You probably can apply it yourself. Takes about 1-2 Hours. You will need to reapply in a year or so.

If you were my buddy, I would apply it for you for free.

Last edited:
Seriously? Your buddy charged you $450 to ceramic coat it with CQuartz UK3.0? Did he do a full paint correction? Are you sure he is your "buddy"? You could buy the Cquartz UK3.0 for $60 online. I used it for a few years until I switched to Adam's graphene ceramic coating. The CQUK3.0 is a very forgiving coating for DIY user. You probably can apply it yourself. Takes about 1-2 Hours. You will need to reapply in a year or so.

If you were my buddy, I would apply it for you for free.

I agree. I DIY-ed CQUK on my older cars. Very easy to use and if you have high spots, a light polish and reapply was all that was needed. It was the first time I ever did paint correction myself too. Looks like "buddy" was just trying to make some easy money. Especially if they didn't do paint correction before.