Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR 2024 Austin built skid plates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the search for a skid plate for a lift MYLR 2024 Austin built. I've ordered one from MPP, but didn't read the fine print that it won't fit on newer versions. Has anyone had any luck with ebay purchases for 2024 models? They look identical to the previous year skid plates (with ears), which I understand don't fit Austin built Model Y. Any recommendations?

I saw tsportsline offer, but too expensive and I am sure it's made in the same factory as Chinese ebay options.

Received it, installed it, had to do a bit of grinding to make it fit, but worked really well.
What grinding do you mean?

This is what i found so far

whats on the market for 2023
IMG_7565.jpeg

Whats on the market for 2020-2022
IMG_7566.jpeg

My Austin built 2023 MY LR
IMG_7567.jpeg

I used the ears, took out the bolt on the bottom picture and it matched perfectly. The grinding I had to do is on the other side and it was due to a slappy weld on Tesla's side. It was catching by about 1/16", simple grind wheel and it was good to go. I'll see if I can take a picture when I get home. For the money, I think the kit from Amazon is definitely worth it, even with a little grinding.

I used the ears, took out the bolt on the bottom picture and it matched perfectly. The grinding I had to do is on the other side and it was due to a slappy weld on Tesla's side. It was catching by about 1/16", simple grind wheel and it was good to go. I'll see if I can take a picture when I get home. For the money, I think the kit from Amazon is definitely worth it, even with a little grinding.
Did your MYLR original plastic front plate have ears? Or no ears like mine but metal plate with ears still fit just fine?