Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the new Supercharger going to be in NJ ? Any confirms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No dice so far.

Checked out :
J. Fenimore
Woodrow Wilson
Joyce Kilmer
All around exit 11 , drove around for 30 min all over , nada. Even went through NJ Highway Authority admin buildings lol
Grover Cleveland

New rumor supposedly 'from Springfield Manager' is that they're off exit 8 or 8A.

Perhaps ill check out the other exits on my way home from work this evening.

I spoke today to sales people at Tesla Paramus and they said that some customers charged already at the supercharger by exit 11 supposely by a rest area. But they dont know exactly where it is. The supercharger is not officially up but they said its available. They said by Woodbridge some where . I saw theres Thomas Edison and Glover Cleveland rest areas. But could be off I 95 somewhere close by. Somebody Go check those rest areas and Woodbridge area.

Passing strange that TM employees at a TM store don't know for sure if there is a SC coming online in the state they operate in? Or where it really is? Kind of boggles the mind.

Passing strange that TM employees at a TM store don't know for sure if there is a SC coming online in the state they operate in? Or where it really is? Kind of boggles the mind.

I did notice a HUGE solar array installation right next to the NJT Admin buildings in Woodbridge but I didn't see any chargers. I assumed that's been there a while. Didn't know how to get back into that area to really scout around. It was gated I think.

I heard from a source unrelated to TESLA that the NJ SC is currently under construction near PRINCETON. I tried getting more specific info but he wouldn't give any more details except that it was fairly far along. I wish I lived closer to try and scout myself.

I heard from a source unrelated to TESLA that the NJ SC is currently under construction near PRINCETON. I tried getting more specific info but he wouldn't give any more details except that it was fairly far along. I wish I lived closer to try and scout myself.

sigh. a different answer every time you speak to someone. I'm starting to think that they were given instructions to make up crap to keep us confused.

I actually drove around exits 8A, 8, and 7A yesterday on my way home from work (damn turnpike was a parking lot AGAIN so I pulled off and started hunting more lol). But I didn't see anything stand out ... :(. However I did pass by a Multi-coat Red Model S in Cranbury! (Nice town btw, First time I've ever been through those parts!)

I got two notes on chargers in NJ
1) The Newark chargers are in a gated lot at Public Service offices.

2) I was at the Paramus store last night and was shown with another couple some of the details of the display. We were then shown the Super Charger map which had a blue line between red dots in Ct. to a location in NJ. The question was asked where? The reply was Exit 11.

I got two notes on chargers in NJ
1) The Newark chargers are in a gated lot at Public Service offices.

2) I was at the Paramus store last night and was shown with another couple some of the details of the display. We were then shown the Super Charger map which had a blue line between red dots in Ct. to a location in NJ. The question was asked where? The reply was Exit 11.

Exit 11 is right where the NJT admin offices are. I drove all around those areas including their parking lots and didn't see anything. Entirely possible I missed it. Like I mentioned before though there is a huge solar array install next to their office...

I could be wrong, but the "gated Newark chargers" are NOT Tesla chargers but some public chargers at a PSEG location or building. I remember roughly a month ago it was either on the news or online articles, but don't remember they were Tesla.

I was at The Woodbridge Mall tonight, which is probably less than 1/2 mile I think from Exit 11 on the Turnpike, but didn't have time to scout around. I do plan to return this week (Boskov's Dept store opened this weekend, and they have huge sales going), so I will try to scout around the area and see if I can find anything in that area.

I live pretty close to this area, so if a specific location is found out, I can keep an eye on any progress.

Last edited:
I live pretty close to this area, so if a specific location is found out, I can keep an eye on any progress.
Thanks NJ Plugin. We are about to take our annual family trip to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. From where we live in Westchester it is ~ 105 miles. We have a 60 kWh and a supercharger somewhere along I-95 would be great. There are very limited charging options near Jackson.

I spoke to Tesla Paramus and they said that they saw the map of the Tesla Northeast Regional Manager , it said that the super chargers are going to be by Edison I-95 rest area and one northbound , one southbound by Exit 9. However they just started construction and will try to be ready by October. This sounds like a good confirmation because its coming from the Northeast regional manager ( Wil ? ) .

I spoke to Tesla Paramus and they said that they saw the map of the Tesla Northeast Regional Manager , it said that the super chargers are going to be by Edison I-95 rest area and one northbound , one southbound by Exit 9. However they just started construction and will try to be ready by October. This sounds like a good confirmation because its coming from the Northeast regional manager ( Wil ? ) .

I will check this on Monday and provide photos is indeed there is construction there or if I find them!

There is no rest area near exit 9, so doubt it would be there. There is a rest area just north of exit 11 (northbound), so that is possible. I just drove on turnpike last night, but took exit 11 so did not get a chance to see if anything is going on at the rest area north of exit 11. Though the construction on TP is a real pain when driving at night.