Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im really hoping the actual X design looks much different than what we've seen thus far. The model S looks like like a beast. The X on the other hand reminds me of a Honda Odyssey. I reserved my X solely on the premise that the final version will have features we don't know yet that will blow us away. Hopefully a retooling of the shape will be part of that.

But ya... If the final version looks like the minivan that we've seen, I'm afraid I'll be backing out.

im really hoping the actual X design looks much different than what we've seen thus far. The model S looks like like a beast. The X on the other hand reminds me of a Honda Odyssey. I reserved my X solely on the premise that the final version will have features we don't know yet that will blow us away. Hopefully a retooling of the shape will be part of that.

But ya... If the final version looks like the minivan that we've seen, I'm afraid I'll be backing out.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If people's main motivation when purchasing a People Carrier is looks, then they are a strange bunch indeed.

If that were the case, why don't all cars on the road look minimalist and bland in the same color)? Sure would speed up production.

Styling is, of course, part of a car buying decision for MANY people. There's nothing strange about it.

I can say for certain that if I REALLY dislike the look of a car, I'd think twice about what else there is to attract me to it before buying it.

If that were the case, why don't all cars on the road look minimalist and bland in the same color)? Sure would speed up production.

Styling is, of course, part of a car buying decision for MANY people. There's nothing strange about it.

I can say for certain that if I REALLY dislike the look of a car, I'd think twice about what else there is to attract me to it before buying it.

Fair enough, it's just that I don't really consider a 7 passenger vehicle to be particularly sexy...and it surprises me that anyone would cancel their order unless there was a much larger deviation from the prototype design than has been "hinted" so far.

I mean, I wouldn't purchase a Fiat Multipla if there were another van to choose from...

After googling that...

fiat-multipla-06.jpg

I'd have to agree (although I would if I had to).

I think Tesla is trying in the looks dept though. Elon made mention of not liking minivans (or something along those lines), and while we might need one at some point, my wife is pretty against minivans and wagons, so the fact that the X looks like an SUV and promises minivan-like utility is a big plus. Should the design come out looking like a minivan, we might seriously cancel. Perhaps a little vain or materialistic, but I don't like driving something I don't like haha

After googling that...

I'd have to agree (although I would if I had to).

I think Tesla is trying in the looks dept though. Elon made mention of not liking minivans (or something along those lines), and while we might need one at some point, my wife is pretty against minivans and wagons, so the fact that the X looks like an SUV and promises minivan-like utility is a big plus. Should the design come out looking like a minivan, we might seriously cancel. Perhaps a little vain or materialistic, but I don't like driving something I don't like haha

Yeah, the Fiat is a seriously ugly vehicle. My father rented one when my parents and another couple decided to drive around Ireland...he actually liked it, aside from the looks.

That's why we're going with the X, the wife, nor I, wanted a van or a typical ICE SUV. I have not really seen any indication that it will be vastly different from the prototype...and I think that would go against Elon's mantra of "production being better than concept," unless he doesn't include appearance ;)

If people's main motivation when purchasing a People Carrier is looks, then they are a strange bunch indeed.

That said, I have liked the looks of every pic I've seen, showroom and wild.

if ppl didnt think looks were a important part of choosing a car, we wouldnt have countless posts on TMC admiring the looks or sharing HD pics or videos

or bemoaning the loss of green or heralding the introduction of 'steel gray' ;)

That's my handle over at TM, but that's not my picture. Sorry for not referencing where I got it. In another thread someone posted a link to a tweet with that picture. I was just getting the picture up since I finally figured out how using html code. Big step for me! Woohoo! Ha! :wink:

Here you go...

Twitter

Looks like the same one as posted above in the daylight.

Last edited: