Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we get Park Assist on Model S with HW4 and no USS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be technically possible for Tesla to add USS to cars without them, if they decided to go back to using them? I’m not suggesting Tesla would ever do that, but I’m wondering if they could.
I’m wondering the same thing. I’m contemplating selling my 2022 Plaid with USS and worried if I pick another one up in 2025 what it will be like then. Driving my wife’s 23 MYLR with TeslaVision really isn’t great at all and it’s terrible in the rain, close to bushes etc.
Much less fanfare with USS.

Your experience is precisely why I didn't buy a new 2023 Plaid and went for a very slightly used 2022. The often idiotic approach Tesla has for removing a feature without a fully baked replacement is infuriating at best and sometimes downright dangerous in others. A case in point for the last is when they removed radar from the 3 and Y's in 2021.
I did the same thing, late model ‘22 MSP here too!

I have Model S Plaid 2023 with no USS and after latest 2024 update I still haven’t park assist and summon both. Is this situation common for Model S w/o USS or I have an issues with my vehicle?
You should have had Park Assist for a long time at this point. (That is just the graphics that show how close you are to things.) You should, also, have AutoPark if you are on a current firmware version, and have paid for EAP or FSD. (2024.3.x and newer I think.)

Summon still isn't available for vehicles without USS.

Last edited:
Reactions: easyev
You should have had Park Assist for a long time at this point. (That is just the graphics that show how close you are to things.) You should, also, have AutoPark if you are on a current firmware version. (2024.3.x and newer I think.)

Summon still isn't available for vehicles without USS.
Maybe I confused the two terms 😊 but autopark requires EAP (enhanced auto pilot) or FSD (full self drive). My original S included all of that with the autopilot that the car came with the car and was later renamed to highway autopilot.

I believe it is the case with all 2023+ Teslas.
Do you have EAP or FSD? If so, you should at least have park assist.
Exactly correct.

I have Model S Plaid 2023 with no USS and after latest 2024 update I still haven’t park assist and summon both. Is this situation common for Model S w/o USS or I have an issues with my vehicle?
If you purchased EAP (Enhanced AutoPilot) with your Plaid, you should have the following available to you now:
  1. AutoPark
  2. Navigate on Autopilot (this is like FSD 'light' for highway driving)
  3. Auto Lane Change (om Highway)

If you have not purchased EAP, then at this point you will need to purchase FSD (or subscribe to it) to get those features, plus:
  • "FSD on City Streets" (which is technically Autosteer on city streets + Traffic Light Control)

About Summon / Smart Summon
These are also "included" with EITHER EAP or FSD purchase. However, it is not yet available for any models without USS.

Summon / Smart Summon will be a requirement for robotaxi driving, so at some point it will be made available...we just don't know when.

• Informative
Reactions: easyev