Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model X FSD and park assist questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!
Just picked up a new model X in USA region and I wonder if anyone can clarify some of the missing features ?

It is running 2023.6.11.2 which seems to be the latest software in mass distribution (6.15 I think is still limited release).

FSD beta says it's coming in a future update and park assist button is nowhere to be seen. This car has no ultrasonic sensors installed and I think it is hardware 3 still but can't be sure?

Isn't park assist and FSD beta the 2023 version both supposed to be already active? Or is that just model 3 and Y and the X and S don't have it yet?

Thank you for any insight... tesla showroom staff were very unclear about this as is most of what I read on the internet since it is hard to tell what's out for which region and which models.

Regards,

Peter

Hello all!
Just picked up a new model X in USA region and I wonder if anyone can clarify some of the missing features ?

It is running 2023.6.11.2 which seems to be the latest software in mass distribution (6.15 I think is still limited release).

FSD beta says it's coming in a future update and park assist button is nowhere to be seen. This car has no ultrasonic sensors installed and I think it is hardware 3 still but can't be sure?

Isn't park assist and FSD beta the 2023 version both supposed to be already active? Or is that just model 3 and Y and the X and S don't have it yet?

Thank you for any insight... tesla showroom staff were very unclear about this as is most of what I read on the internet since it is hard to tell what's out for which region and which models.

Regards,

Peter

I was told by Tesla that many "smart" features on the S/X were disabled until Tesla figures out a solution that by using vision-only can achieve what the USS used to provide.

For example, smart summon previously involved the USS. So without USS, you have no smart summon at this time. Similarly, having park assist at all (the top down view with the squiggley lines telling you if you're near an object) is just turned off.

Here is the error message I get, it states park assist is "unavailable. But then someone could infer that it means park assist could be "available" if something is fixed. But that's not true. The car is supposed to show nothing at all. The driver is supposed to get zero alerts regarding park assist right now since the entire feature is supposed to be gone at this time.

1681855181404-jpeg.929645

Also, your auto-presenting doors are supposed to open wider if there is no object near you. But that required USS before. Now with vision only, the car just assumes you have something next to you and won't open fully.

The one feature that is working is the one that detects if an obstruction is above your car. It seems to be able to detect if you're indoors and won't open the rear hatch or FWD fully... but does open fully when you're outdoors.

The Model 3 and Y apparently are slowly getting the vision-only-slow-speed features pushed. But nothing on S/X at at this time.

I asked the salesperson about park assist availability and HW4 and they had no idea. I wonder how much training the average sales advisor gets when these features change.

Actually I think it's the other way around...

I feel the service people dislike that the Tesla product planners make wacky decisions with poor communications, they dislike the sales folks just say whatever floats their boat to get a customer to spend $, and they dislike that the factory turns out absolute sh!t sometimes.

So the service team is always left bag holding a lot of annoyed customers who feel like they're getting jerked around.

Personally I hate having paid so much for a car that my wife hates to drive because it's throwing a ton of whack error messages and she can't park it. Like WTF Tesla, why are your products so good when they work right, but those same products and service IRL can suck so much?

... training...
My relative bought a Model Y in January and the Tesla mobile service man came to install the HomeLink module easily.

When asked to check whether it works or is compatible with the garage opener, he said he didn't know how to program and operate it. He said he was not trained on that and customers need to read the manual as he doesn't own a Tesla so he hasn't even read the owner's manual!

I took delivery of my model S on April 11, 2023. It does not have any sensors. Tesla decided to save the money on the sensors and go with strictly cameras. They promised me I would have summons and because I have enhanced auto pilot I would be able to call the car to me on private property. neither of those functions work as a Tesla lied to me. I am sure they lied to you as well. Unless you have the sensors around your car, you will not get summons or auto pilot until the Camera software is completed. There is no date for its completion , consequently FSD will likely likewise fail.